Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennypenny2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 09:01 PM
    Can my credit union keep my car title due to my checking account
    I got a car loan from my credit union and I also have a checking account and a visa card through them. I have made my last car payment and they said that even though the car is now paid off they will not give memy title until I pay my checking account off and my vida card too. Is that legal?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2013, 09:03 PM
    Read the terms of the loan... I bet they tell you that in it... and if they do.. you agreed to them.

Incidentally... how do you pay off a checking account anyway? You write checks against money that's already there... a checking account isn't a revolving line of credit.

Or is what you are avoiding saying... is that you are overdrawn on the checking account? And that that you are over your credit limit on the credit card?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeze on both my savings and checking account due to Child Support [ 6 Answers ]

I recently had a freeze put on both my savings and checking accounts due to child support. I adopted my ex-wife's children when they were 2 yrs of age and she has not allowed me to see them whatsoever since I re-located to try and find a job (being that the economy has been in such a horrid state...

I have a car that the credit union charged off [ 8 Answers ]

I have a car that the credit union charged off and filed on their taxes.. when I called them to make arrangement to catch up on the payments, they said they already charged it off. They wanted to repo the car and I gave them my address.. they never came to pickup the car. I called them back and...

Can credit union repo car because I am 4 months deliquent on credit card they issued me? [ 5 Answers ]

Can my credit union repo my car because I am several (3 or 4) months delinquent on my credit card from the same credit union? I have been on time on my car payment and they are refusing to post my car payment to my car loan because I am delinquent on my credit card. They are threatening to repo my...

Credit Union account went to collections . [ 2 Answers ]

My credit union account went to collections, and I am needing another bank account (for car insurance). Without paying off that other debt to the credit union just yet, would I be able to open another account with a different bank?

View more questions Search