Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjaawsome Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    There is no way to fix child abuse other than to remove the child from the home, put the parents in jail, and hope that while they're in jail, they get help.

You told us they beat you. That is an extreme situation, and the only way to handle an extreme situation is to do something extreme.

If you won't call CPS, we will.
    I think its working. My dad said he will listen. Can I contact back inlike 2 weeks before we make a rash decision?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaawsome View Post
    What should I tell them. They said now they will try to listen. but what should I ask from them in specific?
    Ask them to make a short and simple list of things they want you to do every day -- maybe five things, like, make your bed, make your school lunch (the night before?), fold any clean laundry and help put it away, do homework without arguing. Are they interested in making a good list for you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

By beat, i dont mean like hit with a rod or soemthing. Its a slap. Sorry if its not clear
    Now your story is changing.

You said that they beat you. Beating is child abuse. A slap is discipline, not abuse. So which is it?

Are you changing your story because you didn't realize we wouldn't walk away from this, we would make sure you got help? Or are you changing your story because you lied?

If you lied about this, what else are you lying about?

Guys my parents said that it was all because of a lie that I told. Its not their fault Its mine. Im sorry for posting this and wasting your time. Please its my fault. Can we take this down. I solved this issue during my talk.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:03 PM

You said that they beat you. Beating is child abuse. A slap is discipline, not abuse. So which is it?

Are you changing your story because you didn't realize we wouldn't walk away from this, we would make sure you got help? Or are you changing your story because you lied?

It was a slap. Sorry I did not really know the difference
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 09:05 PM
    I want to hear from you again by Tuesday evening, to let us know things are improving. I will be waiting and watching for your post on this thread.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:05 PM

I think I should have rephrased my question. They slap me for like not following what they say. I just wanted to know why they were doing it. And how I could fix it

Feb 15, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I want to hear from you again by Tuesday evening, to let us know things are improving. I will be waiting and watching for your post on this thread.
    Ok they said like each day they would spend 30 minutes takling and seeing if I had any problems. They started to cry as well. Could it be due to my lack of communication with them?

Feb 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Sorry, I really did not know the difference between beat and slap. They did slap me.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:10 PM
    So now my parents said they felt sad (after our talk). They also asked how I wanted to solve this. I said talk with me more. And try to talk it out first before slapping. Do you think I should tell them more?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Ok they said like each day they would spend 30 minutes takling and seeing if i had any problems. They started to cry as well. Could it be due to my lack of communication with them?
    It sounds like they might not be clear with instructions, and maybe you aren't being a good listener.

Pets Expert

Guys my parents said that it was all because of a lie that I told. Its not their fault Its mine. Im sorry for posting this and wasting your time. Please its my fault. Can we take this down. I solved this issue during my talk.
    When did your parents tell you this? You've been posting to us all this time with no break.

This can't be taken down. Once you post a thread, it stays unless it goes against site rules. Your thread doesn't go against site rules, so it won't be removed.

My take on this. You posted here because you're ticked off that you didn't get something you wanted, and you wanted someone to feel sorry for you so you told a lie about being abused. When you realized that we could, and would, send CPS and the police to your house because you claimed to be abused, you realized that your lie could get you in big trouble.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 09:11 PM
    So now my parents said they felt sad (after our talk). They also asked how I wanted to solve this. I said talk with me more. And try to talk it out first before slapping. Do you think i should tell them more?
    I think you should promise them some things too. Any ideas?

Feb 15, 2013, 09:12 PM
    Ask them to make a short and simple list of things they want you to do every day -- maybe five things, like, make your bed, make your school lunch (the night before?), fold any clean laundry and help put it away, do homework without arguing. Are they interested in making a good list for you?
    Yea they are. I guess I just misinterperated them. Like my perspective on them was different. And I know they mean it this time since they were so emotionally moved. They said that they would help out a lot.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:13 PM
    When did your parents tell you this? You've been posting to us all this time with no break.

This can't be taken down. Once you post a thread, it stays unless it goes against site rules. Your thread doesn't go against site rules, so it won't be removed.

My take on this. You posted here because you're ticked off that you didn't get something you wanted, and you wanted someone to feel sorry for you so you told a lie about being abused. When you realized that we could, and would, send CPS and the police to your house because you claimed to be abused, you realized that your lie could get you in big trouble.
    Yea I was kind of pissed and I really did not know the difference between beat and slap till you clarified
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Yea i was kind of pissed and I really did not know the difference between beat and slap till you clarified
    I'd still like to know when you had this lengthy discussion with your parents, tears were shed, plans were made, when you've been posting with us non stop since you started this thread 30 minutes ago.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:15 PM

I just wanted help on how to solve with my parents. They are telling me right now like I told them about how I posted rashly and how I did not mean what I meant. They are looking at your comments, and think that you can help us solve our conflict
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 09:16 PM
    I just wanted help on how to solve with my parents. They are telling me right now like i told them about how i posted rashly and how i did not mean what i meant. They are looking at your comments, and think that you can help us solve our conflict
    Ask your mom or dad to post a comment here now. I want to talk to one of them.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:16 PM
    I'd still like to know when you had this lengthy discussion with your parents, tears were shed, plans were made, when you've been posting with us non stop since you started this thread 30 minutes ago.
    See they are not really good with like knowing what to do. So I told them how I posted here, they read the comments and you and the other person's ideas were helpful to them.

Feb 15, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Ask your mom or dad to post a comment here now. I want to talk to one of them.
    Ok they are both willing to co-operate. They are the ones chatting now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents hate me and I hate myself now. [ 23 Answers ]

I'm 18 and all 18 years of my life I've been verbally abused. I get yelled at over the stupidest things. If my little brother lost his sippie cup it's my fault, I didn't close the lid on the toilet after using it, I stay in my room too much then get yelled at to go to my room when I'm not in it....

Help? My parents hate him.. [ 7 Answers ]

When we started dating my parents liked Jonathan but then as time went on they liked him less and less. (They do this with all my bfs) After about five months and my parents had been on my back the entire time I had a mini breakdown and broke up with him. I played happy in front of my parents while...

Why do my parents hate me? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom calls me stupid and fat and how none of my siblings like me. I try so hard to do my best but it's hard with constant pressure put on me. I literally cry everyday for some things she tells me. Like, parents are supposed to love their kids no matter what. Please help.

View more questions Search