Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Username_Chris Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Can someone explain this to me?
    Lately, I've been having all sorts of bizarre dreams. I am really fascinated by how they work and why we have them. From what I've come to understand is that some of them reflect on what we've done lately or what we constantly think about in our every day lives. Then your imagination goes crazier than when your awake and translates your reality into some sort of sci-fi movie.

But this dream I had about two nights ago was extremely odd. It was about this girl I knew visually but never talked to in high school. I never thought about her in those years and it's been a couple of years now since I graduated. Then two nights ago I'm in the middle of a dream, I don't know how I got there but there we were, sitting on a bus cuddling like lovers but in the dream we weren't even dating. We just had a crush on each.

So does anyone know why I dreamed of a girl I never knew in high school which was a couple years ago? Could this be a sign we might meet up in the near future or does my mind have too much data stored in needs to dump some out?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 15, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Dreams aren't prophesy. There's no magic in them. In fact there really isn't any meaning either, except insofar as what they mean to the dreamer. Some studies seem to say that they have yet to find anyone who dreams about a total stranger; that all faces are faces from our memory banks. That makes sense, but I don't see why we couldn't 'photoshop' our memories and dreams too. We do when we have to describe someone to the police after a fleeting glance. There are as many descriptions as there are describers.
    Some tiny, tiny little 'thing' about that girl probably triggered as association with your recent events, and you glued them together in the dream. I know I do that all the time. It can be a non-sensical association, like jam becomes someone named Jim, or a blue jacket you saw yesterday appears on the girl from long ago.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2013, 02:36 PM
    Why is this posted under chemistry?

I don't believe that dreams predict the future.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
    Moved to Paranormal Phenomena

Feb 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Why is this posted under chemistry?

I don't believe that dreams predict the future.
    I don't know, the site told me chemistry was a good idea and so did I. I was thinking of natural chemicals I guess. The ones your body produce. Like serotonin.

Where would you've posted it?

Also, I haven't experienced déjà vu in a while but when I do I find that it's something you dream of then the instant it happens you say to yourself, 'I've dreamed this before.' That's sort of a future predicament that your dreams built. Sort of like they determine your life, like destiny. Most people don't believe in this and I do have my doubts so I don't give up on the notion.

Feb 15, 2013, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Moved to Paranormal Phenomena
    That works but isn't that subject more of ghosts and UFO's related?

Feb 15, 2013, 03:07 PM
    This is why I enjoy talking to old people - they always have a reasonable explanation that you want to accept but I just cannot do that. I still believe in something bigger. I could be wrong but you never know.

Now, what if, hypothetically speaking, I were to bump into this girl one day, what would I do? Tell her I had a dream about her or just let it slide and see what the present situation brings?

I'm just saying. It can all be scientifically proven but maybe there's more to it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Speaking as a woman, I would hope that you tell me about the dream.

As for dreams and science, dreams are definitely the wild west of unknown. They are studied a lot and yet they haven't learned much at all.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Username_Chris View Post
    That works but isn't that subject more of ghosts and UFO's related?
    It also includes dreams, since there is no Dream board to post on. I'm hoping the owner will tweak the board names soon, since there are other changes that need to be made.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
    This is why I enjoy talking to old people
    And your definition of "old people" is what?

You're 20 or 21, right?

Feb 15, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And your definition of "old people" is what?

You're 20 or 21, right?
    I'd like to think 60+.

50 is where we all begin to feel old, I'm assuming. (?)

40 I believe is still young but you're getting there. And yes, 21. Does it show? I'm arrogant, I guess.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Yes, it shows. The "couple years ago in high school" explanation pretty much laid it all out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 03:56 PM
    I'd like to think 60+.

40 I believe is still young but you're getting there. And yes, 21. Does it show? I'm arrogant, I guess.
    Oh, how I want to be able to talk with you in 30 years!! I would NEVER be 21 again, would rather eat dirt and die! And "old people" is not 60+. Wash out your mouth, young man!! From what I've read of your writings, you are far older (in a negative way) and more set in your ways than I am.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
    I'd like to think 60+.

Yay! I'm still young!

I'm starting to like you now Chris. ;)

Feb 15, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Oh, how I want to be able to talk with you in 30 years!!!!!! I would NEVER be 21 again, would rather eat dirt and die! And "old people" is not 60+. Wash out your mouth, young man!!!! From what I've read of your writings, you are far older (in a negative way) and more set in your ways than I am.
    I know I'm not your typical young man and most people see me as older but it's the truth. Wisdom doesn't come from age, it comes from experience.
    I'm as puzzled with my life as people who meet me.

Although, I'm a gentleman with devilish good looks. It's a plus when interacting with strangers. But I go by what's on the inside, not the out. People are so judgmental though that they do the opposite.

Misses, 21 is a beautiful age. I think they all are but this is the one I'm living right now.

Ya dig?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
    I know I'm not your typical young man and most people see me as older but it's the truth. Wisdom doesn't come from age, it comes from experience.
    I'm as puzzled with my life as people who meet me.

Although, I'm a gentleman with devilish good looks. It's a plus when interacting with strangers. But I go by what's on the inside, not the out. People are so judgmental though that they do the opposite.

Misses, 21 is a beautiful age. I think they all are but this is the one I'm living right now.

Ya dig?
    Nope, I don't dig.

Wisdom comes from age AND experience. You have neither. That's not a judgment, just a fact.

Feb 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
    Nope, I don't dig.

Wisdom comes from age AND experience. You have neither. That's not a judgment, just a fact.
    The only reason age is involved is because something has to happen in your life out of your routine that doesn't normally happen. Of course age is part of it but not THE action that occurs which you have to find a solution to as best as possible. I guess I should be as specific as possible but that takes an hour of typing. And time is of the essence. Yet, it time doesn't even exist. It's an illusion.

Feb 15, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Yay! I'm still young!

I'm starting to like you now Chris. ;)
    I already liked you but people are so cruel...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
    The only reason age is involved is because something has to happen in your life out of your routine that doesn't normally happen. Of course age is part of it but not THE action that occurs which you have to find a solution to as best as possible. I guess I should be as specific as possible but that takes an hour of typing. And time is of the essence. Yet, it time doesn't even exist. It's an illusion.
    That makes no sense at all.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I already liked you but people are so cruel....
    You only like me because I argue with you. ;)

Now, back to your post.

A lot of people put stock in dreams, think that their dreams mean something. I actually had a dream last night that for hours, after waking up, made me drag my feet, feel a bit depressed. I was trying to figure out why I was feeling that way, only to realize it was my dream. A few shakes of the head and I felt better.

I don't believe that dreams are significant in the way many people think they are. I don't think that our dreams are a predictor of our future. I do believe that our dreams can affect us. Obviously they can, I'm living proof of that after my dream last night, which by the way was not at all realistic, could never happen, but still made me sad, made me feel depressed. It wasn't logical to be sad about a dream that could never even happen. So why?

You posted on a thread yesterday about going back in the past, it was a blog essay. Maybe your dream had to do with reading that essay, or posting on it with your own thoughts and feelings. This girl in your dream, is a girl from your past. It could be as simple as that. It could be much more complicated than that. That's for you to figure out. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need someone to explain this to me [ 2 Answers ]

Lakia Corporation reported the following current-year purchases and sales data for its only product: Date Activities Units Acquired at Cost Units Sold at Retail Jan.1 Beginning Inventory 120 Units @ $6.00 = $720 Jan. 10 Sales 70 Units @ $15 Mar. 7 Purchase 200 Units @ $5.50 = 1,100 Mar. 15...

Could you explain? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here goes.. I composed an answer here to a question,then I clicked "submit answer" button and it took me to this page. "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I just did not try again(was not really in the mood to retry posting.Closed only the tab with...

Explain why. [ 2 Answers ]

Explain why highly precise measurment does not always mean a highly accurate one. :confused:

Can anyone explain this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is sagar. Let me tell you guys that I'm just a crazy fan of cradle of filth.and I've watched their one of the most greatest video Nymphetamine. But I couldn't figure out certain part of their lyrics. Here are they What is the meaning of " white lady laid"...

View more questions Search