Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 12:47 PM
    I on the other hand love game meat like venison... especially if they are smoked .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2013, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I on the other hand love game meat like venison ....especially if they are smoked .
    So do I. Never had it smoked however. Just can't stomach innards like tripe, Kidney, tongue or Chitlins.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Went to a restaurant outside of Quebec City that had a variety of smoked game meats like venison, elk ,bison, caribou ,wild boar etc. I told them they should market their selection . It was awesome.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 02:00 PM
    You should try crocodile then
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You should try crocodile then
    I've ate Crocodile... its like a cross between pork and chicken in flavor.

Haven't seen any in the stores around here for a few years.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
    No somewhat foolishly crocodile is protected, but you have alligators
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    no somewhat foolishly crocodile is protected, but you have alligators
    Toe MAY to's, Toe MAH to's...

Half the people wouldn't know on from the other (but yeah... Incorrect terms are commonly used)... both would tear you a new butthole in an instant.

Bet they both taste the same...
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2013, 01:26 AM
    Do you mean Toh Maine
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
    Back to eating game meat. Here is a classic example of stupid government over regulation.
    Louisiana Forces Homeless Shelter To Destroy $8,000 Worth Of Deer Meat « CBS Houston
    Louisiana's State Health Department forced a homeless shelter to destroy $8,000 worth of deer meat because it was donated from a hunter organization.

KTBS-TV reports that the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission lost 1,600 pounds of venison because the state's Health Department doesn't recognize Hunters for the Hungry, an organization that allows hunters to donate any extra game to charity.

“We didn't find anything wrong with it,” Rev. Henry Martin told KTBS. “It was processed correctly, it was packaged correctly.”

The trouble began last month after the Department of Health and Hospitals received a complaint that deer meat was being served at the homeless shelter. A health inspector went out and told the homeless shelter that deer meat was not allowed to be served and that is had to be destroyed.

“Although the meat was processed at a slaughterhouse (Bellevue) that is permitted by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture to prepare and commercially distribute meat obtained from approved farms, deer are not an approved meat source to be distributed commercially,” the department said on its Facebook page. “And because hunters brought the deer to the slaughterhouse, there is no way to verify how the deer were killed, prepared or stored.”

Martin says that bleach had to be poured onto the meat in order to destroy it.

“They threw it in the dumpster and poured Clorox on it,” Martin told KTBS. “Not only are we losing out and it's costing us money, the people that are hungry aren't going to get as quality of food, the hunter that's given his meat in good faith is losing out.”
    Guess they should've been serving the homeless Ikea meatballs.
    IKEA meatballs with HORSEMEAT sold across EU | IKEA Meatballs Pulled After Horse-Meat Traces Found - Hungary Videos : Firstpost Topic - Page 1
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2013, 11:44 PM
    Just like IKEA they half@ss everything
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 03:02 AM
    CB, time to close, they are knawing on different bones now.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 27, 2013, 03:23 AM
    Bones are good, but better with some meat on ;)
    Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 03:42 AM
    This must be a political horse, or is that a donkey and/or elephant?
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 04:04 AM
    tickle this a discussion board. That means the topics naturally expand ;or die. We deserve latitude before adm shut down postings.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    CB, time to close, they are knawing on different bones now.
    Hello Mr PC and keeper of the corporate conscience you may like to know you cannot use the word @ss here even when referring to a donkey or an assine remark so suddenly we produce the word @ss and you crawl out of the woodwork and I think someone has already referred to things that crawl out of the woodwork and are eaten

Close the only piece of amusement we have
    Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 04:37 AM
    You are insulting, me crawl out of the woodwork, is that what you mean? I am extremely hurt by your remark paraclete. I am a long time member here and just because my user name is 'tickle' doesn't mean it implies a form of lower intelligence.

CB knows anything I say, I say in jest, or is that not acceptable to you?

Are you usually so rude to women?
    Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 04:39 AM
    Tomder, I really didn't expect CB to close it down.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 27, 2013, 04:41 AM
    This must be a political horse, or is that a donkey and/or elephant?
    MMmmmmm elephant leg...

Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Paraclete, and what is 'Mr PC and keeper of the... ' ?
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 05:00 AM
    tomder, i really didnt expect CB to close it down.
    Did not know the comment was made in jest ;although I should've guessed it . One of my pet peeves is the closing of discussions by some of the administrators. Like I said ,I think ;given that this board is a discussion board ,that there should be wide latitude given.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pond algea [ 7 Answers ]

My pond is crystal clear now, I can see all the way to the bottom, but I still have algea clinging to the plant stems and pots, bricks, sides, etc... Is this what should be expected in a back yard liner pond? (12 years old) I'm thinking I need to keep sweeping stuff around so it gets...

Does a biological media fish pond filter(without mechanical media)keep a pond clean? [ 1 Answers ]

Does a biological media fish pond filter (without any mechanical media) really keep a fish pond clean? I know that they keep the water healthy but I am having trouble believing that it will filter out small enough particles to keep it really clean. I have one in mind to buy that has a built in...

More bad climate change news [ 1 Answers ]

Dead trees spewing greenhouse gases Darn that Bush. Better get out there and plant those trees, or is that bad for wildfires? How does something "slowly" spew anyway? That ain't all the bad news...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search