Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bunnie22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 03:53 AM
    Tooth pulled
    I got my tooth pulled in the back I'm not sure if it was a wisdom or molar but now its Thursday and it's a little sore and I keep producing saliva is this normal?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2013, 04:00 AM
    Yes, it's normal. The saliva is unusual but a nerve was probably hit that produces it.
    Are you following the instructions you were given for brushing the gum and gargling salt water?
    bunnie22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Yes, it's normal. The saliva is unusual but a nerve was probably hit that produces it.
    Are you following the instructions you were given for brushing the gum and gargling salt water?
    Ya I rinse with warm salt water and I brush my teeth but not right by were I got it pulled. But now this saliva is annoying
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2013, 05:49 AM
    You are supposed to brush gently right on the spot where it was pulled. In fact that is very important. It keeps the gum clean so that infection doesn't move in.
    Take a good look at it in a mirror with a flashlight - how does it look?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had a tooth pulled [ 3 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled 7 days ago, was wondering when it's normal to lose the clot & if I'm at risk for dry socket? I noticed that the socket looked a little deeper than it did earlier & there's not as much of the white clot. Been doing the warm salt water rinse & have had nothing carbonated in over...

Tooth pulled [ 1 Answers ]

Have an abcess in the gum over my crown.. the crown looks like it had a chip in the back... now they want to pull it do I have to had an aprico years ago same tooth it is my front tooth can I save it;;;

Should I have my tooth pulled or get a crown [ 3 Answers ]

I need an answer quickly. I have scheduled appt. for 8a.m. tomarrow. I had my wisdom teeth extracted, no problems. Five years later my top upper left back tooth broke. Went to dentist grinded tooth etc. put on crown. Pain so back to dentist sent for root canal on both upper left back teeth....

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Tooth pulled [ 1 Answers ]

Had a tooth pulled Tuesday was not bad. I did smoke but did not suck to do it all seems to be doing good. If going to get when will the dry socket happen or am I past that

View more questions Search