Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Mar 18, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Concerning "Law of Attraction"
    I bumped into that gem of a thread titled "Law of Attraction", about the secret power of thoughts, quite by accident (it was meant to be because there are no accidents?). It can be found here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ion-66643.html

Hopefully those of you who seem to understand the "secret" can help me out here. I was a believer in "positive thought, positive results". I have had the same experiences as rol mentioned in the thread, with losing things and finding them, as well as other "lucky" things. But, recently, I have been disappointed and I am afraid my confidence is hurt and am afraid that from now on I will subconsciously send out negative thoughts.

I have been in the application process for medical school for the past 4-5 months (Yes, it is a loong process.) I thought I had a decent chance with a well rounded resume and good numbers (GPA and MCAT scores). I applied to 20 schools within the US (academic advisors recommend a minimum of 15 schools because of the tight competition) and I expected to get in SOMEWHERE. I concentrated my energy on a particular school in NY. I truly and honestly thought I was going there; I saw myself there, in my dreams, studying and taking exams and the such! When I got the rejection letter (without even getting an interview opportunity) from that school, I was more than crushed. Since then, I have gotten rejection letter after rejection letter. In the past few weeks, I, for the first time, considered off-shore schools.
    I have yet to even get an invitation for interview from at least one of the 20 schools I've applied to and it seems like I will probably be attending an offshore school (something I've never even imagined before a few weeks ago!)
    I was not only disappointed but this also caused me to doubt and question EVERYTHING! It hurt my confidence in my own power and I even questioned God and faith! It was crazy!
    So, now I am wondering if anyone can give me an insight that I've failed to grasp from this experience.

By the way, I've come to accept the fact that I may have to go offshore because I want this bad enough to go and get it no matter where I have to go.
    I am just afraid that from now on, I'll attract bad luck and negativity because I've lost confidence in my power of thought.
    Thanks in advance.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Sep 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Wow! This post was SO long ago and SO much has happened since then. I am not even the same person anymore! All those fears seem silly and small now.
    Anyway, Update:
    Well, it turned out, I had to go offshore anyway because of family and financial situations. And soon after I posted this, I got like 3 interview invitations, within a week! Even though I was rejected by my first choice, at least I know I had a chance at others.
    Anyway, I pulled all my remaining applications and declined from the interviews and went to an offshore school.
    This is one of the best things I have ever done. I am learning more about myself than I've ever have, experiencing things I would've never experienced and having one of the best times of my life. Of course med school (esp. far away from home) is very very hard but I regret nothing and everything happened for the best.
    Life takes you on paths unexpected and unknown for reasons you can only know when you get there...
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Always stay positive... sometimes good comes from what you think is bad! He he... good job! And congrats! Hugs to you for taking these great opportunities to get to know yourslef even more!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
    You can't put all your trust in positive thought. I always had nothing but bad happen to me for over 20 years. The past 7 years I have had positive thoughts and goals and motivation and still nothing but bad happens to me. You have to learn that maybe it wasn't time, or it was the wrong place or just not meant for you. At any rate you have to do 2 things.
    1 keep it as a lesson somewhere in there even if it is for future reference
    2 keep on keeping on until it all works out the way it is suppose to.
    In the meantime learn patience and hope for more believing you are preparing for something even better.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You can't put all your trust in positive thought. I always had nothing but bad happen to me for over 20 years. The past 7 years I have had positive thoughts and goals and motivation and still nothing but bad happens to me. You have to learn that maybe it wasn't time, or it was the wrong place or just not meant for you. At any rate you have to do 2 things.
    1 keep it as a lesson somewhere in there even if it is for future reference
    2 keep on keeping on til it all works out the way it is suppose to.
    In the meantime learn patience and hope for more believing you are preparing for something even better.
    Yes... keep on keeping on... you have to do something not just think it. So important!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Double-standards, mixed blood, and the "law of soil" [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American born first-generation Japanese. My early childhood was spent in a black neighborhood, and my adolesence in white suburbia. I do not know my native tongue fluently, although every day I wish that I had been taught as a child. I would like to know the opinions of others who were born...

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search