Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmorris799 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 01:21 AM
    Post Judgement
    Jugement was obtained sometime in 08 or 09. Started as 1099 employee in 2007 under S Corp. S Corp was established and approved in 1993. Had very little activity and was dormant until 2007 when I started using it as 1099 employee.

In 2011, started private practice again under S Corp. Last year I sought our CPA assistant and as it turns out, I have filed using Schedule C vs 1120S. My CPA is assisting me in amendents,etc. and getting things up to a bona fide state. My status of 1099 will still be in effect up to the 2011 transition to W2 so I don't know what this means for the garnishment part (1099 vs W2).

Long story short, S Corp bank account was garnished two days ago, in addition to my personal bank account. I just read the article about piercing the corporate veil and I'm wondering if I may have any recourse to having the funds return via motion to quash. Who bears the burden of proof re: the conduct of corporate affairs in cases like this? What options do I have?

From the scenario, gross negligence is obvious mostly out of confusion and ignorance of "the governance" aspect.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2013, 04:20 AM
    Well the first question is where, ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. The second question is what was the judgment about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post judgement interest. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a judgment in my name from a credit card debt. The lawyers office contacted me and said I would also have to pay a post interest fee. I questioned them about this because I do not recall the judge saying anything about a post interest fee. Is this something I have to pay or do I...

View more questions Search