Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luvmykids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2004, 08:43 AM
    NH child custody Laws
    My ex-boyfriend has remarried and is planning on moving to AZ, he wants to take my children away from me, abuse was a past issue for him, I have sole physical custody of my daughter per Virginia court order, but my son has always lived with me since birth and has no existing orders for custody, can my ex-boyfriend still take them. I have a good job and get minimal child support. He has not seen them in over 2 years, he told the court that I am obstructing his visitations, but he has never even called me to see them. I am so scared of him doing something's his new wife wants my 3,4 year old for herself. :-[
    Tankman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2004, 10:03 PM
    Re: NH child custody Laws
    Unfortunately, he is the father and has the right to get involved in his daughters life and become the other parent. In my humble opinion, you need a lawyer asap and get your wants presented to the judge and get your custody orders re-done. He can't do nothing until he gets the custody order changed. I'm not sure about this site that recommending a lawyer is appropriate or not, but if this gets to you, find a way to hire a lawyer and go for as much custody as possible. Maybe, he can have 15 or 16% by having the kid/kids during the summer when the kids are not in school. Proving that it is the spouse that wants the kids may be a real problem. But if he is serious about going after your kids and could be considered a fit parent, then you do have a problem and in my experience, going into court without a lawyer has done significant damage to me and my kids and my finances. There should be free legal assistance somewhere,somehow where you live and I would seek that first and go from there. Also, anytime you have more than 50% physical custody, you are elig. For child support. Once you get past the 60 or 65% mark, the amount of support for you can be significant unless you make a lot more money than he does. I hope I helped at least a little bit. Just to let you know, I have paid thousands of dollars to lawyers that seemed like they didn't do nothing, but the one or two times I tried to do it without a lawyer, I got screwed by the judge in a royal manner.
    Sarabrooke1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2005, 04:45 PM
    I live in New Hampshire too. I am 13. My dad has a past abuse issue too. He used to hit my mom, brother, sister, and me. If you bring up the abuse issue in court, then you most likely can keep your custody, withhim getting some visitations like, 1 week a month, or something like that. And the judge will most likely, make your ex pay for the trip, if he even goes along with the whole thing, because your not pushing for the kids to go.
    Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child custody [ 6 Answers ]

Can any one give me some avice on child custody?I have sole custody now and the mom is taking me back to court and is asking for full custody.she has been court order to see child on wensdays and every other weekends. She has taken our son two time in last 60 days.how do I keep the sole...

Full physical custody and vacation laws in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have full physical custody of both my daughters. My ex-husband is extremely irate with me because he now has a lien against him for unpaid child support. I am taking the summer off work and I'm planning on taking my daughters from California on a trip to Oregon for 3 weeks to visit...

Child custody laws [ 4 Answers ]

I have custody of my 4 year old. His mother has visitation every other weekend from 6 pm on Friday till 7 pm on Sunday and every other Wednesday night from 6 pm till 8 am the next morning. I received custody when he was 1 and a half cause I took care of him since he was born. His mother is...

Ca custody laws [ 4 Answers ]

My husband had a child with a women 6 months before we met. For 4 years, the mother of the child would not let the child visit us because "she would go crazy if she had to send him away", so we would go see him in MN every year. In 03-2005, the child's mother agreed to let him come stay with us (he...

Child Custody [ 6 Answers ]

My step daughters mother is tell her daughter that when she turns 16 (shes 5 now) that she can move in with her ( we have full cousty)... I thought this was up to a judge and not the child... can some one tell me if this is true?. Katrina

View more questions Search