Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    averynate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Home electrical fuse box
    My Dad has an old fuse box and wants to know how much to replace it to an updated one, he lives in Alhambra, CA. he can't afford much so he's hoping to get someone that will give him a senior discount.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
    No way to tell.Depends on size, time and material it will take. If it is that old he may also need other code upgrades. Get bids from 3 qualified electricians.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    No way to tell.Depends on size, time and material it will take. If it is that old he may also need other code upgrades. Get bids from 3 qualified electricians.
    As a follow up, depending on the service amperage he now has, it may require new service entrance feeds and a new meter base and disconnect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old home with Odd placement of Electrical Breaker box? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking to buy an old home- but we have some concerns abut the main electric panel (with the breakers) being located on the outside of the house? Will this pass inspection and if not- how expensive would this be to repair? Is this a deal-breaker in a professional's eyes?

Cost guide to replace electrical fuse box with circuit breaker [ 2 Answers ]

What is the average cost to convert a typical 3 bedroom home with basement from a fuse box to only circuit breakers

Can Solar powered Inverters also be connected directly to home fuse box? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been reading a lot about Solar Powered energy, Inverters and Batteries. I intend switching over to this form of electricity as an alternative to Motor Generator Electricity. Can someone tell me if it is also possible to connect my solar powered invereter directly to my home's fuse box?...

View more questions Search