Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juaquina123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 09:03 PM
    Gynecologist
    In between my periods I get this clear looking discharge, I guess you could call it, that has, not bad more of a odd, smell to it. I've tried different washes and douches, and they work for a short while before it comes back. An I wanted to know if its something I should be concerned about and go get looked at asap, or if it sort of normal in some young women?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:32 PM
    First off, no douches. Douches interrupt the Ph balance in your vaginal canal, leaving you open to vaginal infections. Clear vaginal discharge is normal. Rule of thumb is if it is colored blue, green. orange or anything in between and has a fishy door, then you have a problem.
    Juaquina123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    First off, no douches. Douches interupt the Ph balance in your vaginal canal, leaving you open to vaginal infections. Clear vaginal discharge is normal. Rule of thumb is if it is colored blue, green., orange or anything in between and has a fishy door, then you have a problem.
    Sometimes there is a funny odor and sometimes there isn't. Is that normal? An is there anything that can help with the odor problem?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 11:22 PM
    Here's a link written by our resident nurse which will explain discharge and when to be worried.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...tml#post250355
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
    Discharge is normal. You tend to get odor when you interrupt the normal flora of the vagina by using douches, soaps, or anything harsh.

The vagina is a self cleaning oven. The most you need on a daily basis (without sex, exercise, etc.) is warm water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gynecologist [ 0 Answers ]

Hi In my right labia major I have some bumps , It seems that the vesseles have became large and they are movable, I went to some doctors I was treated by naproxane but it didn't work, also I took ciprofloxacin , it was shrunk for two weeks but it came back, I is painful and the pain is radiated...

Ask a gynecologist [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently discovered a small red bump - rahter like a mosquito's bite - on the outside lip of the vigina. It almost doesn't itch or hurt unless I touch it. I am 18 but have never had sex and I am due to start my period very soon. I have tried taking an alergy tablet but for no use and...

Gynecologist help [ 2 Answers ]

Since December I have been getting my period 3 times a month and been spotting in between so I had been bleeding practically the whole month I also start bleeding after sexual intercourse and my period have been longer than 7 days the longest has been 13 days I really don't know what to do I am 17...

Gynecologist [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex March 23 and two days later I noticed a little spotting but it went away a few minutes later and reappeared the next day around that same time then had I sex again on that Friday. Leading up to Sunday I began experiecing what seemed to be light cramps but I ignored it and...

View more questions Search