Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucysnott Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Sleep
    Right I'm 11 years old and I can't get any sleep. I get really tierd at school and I defo need to more sleep. My mum won't get me anything to help because she says I don't even try I do but I Spose she is right in a way. As when I can't get to sleep I just go on my iPod because I get really bored just trying to sleep. I anyone can help I would be sooooo great ful as I haven't had any sleep since 3 nights ago which was only an hour then I normally sleep around 2-7 but most of the time I sleep 6-7
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Stop playing around on your Ipod several hours before you go to bed... and stop watching TV too... read a book... to give yourself a chance to naturally relax. Then sleep will come naturally.

Feb 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Stop playing around on your Ipod several hours before you go to bed...and stop watching tv too.....read a book....to give yourself a chance to naturally relax. Then sleep will come naturally.
    Thanks but I just get destacted
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Destacted?

Perhaps work on studies, especially spelling. Get together a routine for bedtime and do it the same way every evening before bed.

It sounds like your mind is all over the place. What do you eat during the three hours before bed?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucysnott View Post
    Thanks but I just get destacted
    So... you do it anyway... its called self discipline. You need to learn how to train yourself to do stuff you have to, that you may not want to do... because you will be doing it the rest of your life.

Seriously... becoming an adult doesn't mean you get to do anything you want... it just means you have to do a LOT MORE things you don't want, when you don't want to do them... but you do them anyway because you have to.

And that becomes more important even as you get to Jr and Sr High school... even more in College.. and important to your life as an adult.

Unless you win the Powerball Jackpot on your 18th birthday, become insanely wealthy and never have to work a day in your life.

The rest of us have to learn routines... which are only difficult at first... they always get easier as you become used to them. Its really easier than it seems.

You will find the older you get the more routines you have to learn and get used to doing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 05:50 PM
    Give your mum all your electronic toys like the iPod and tell her to not allow you to use them after 6 every evening. She can give them back to you in the morning.

Feb 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    destacted?

Perhaps work on studies, especially spelling. Get together a routine for bedtime and do it the same way every evening before bed.

It sounds like your mind is all over the place. What do you eat during the three hours before bed?
    I probably eat about 2 little biscuits not much though

Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    So...you do it anyway....its called self discipline. You need to learn how to train yourself to do stuff you have to, that you may not want to do.....because you will be doing it the rest of your life.

Seriously...becoming an adult doesn't mean you get to do anything you want...it just means you have to do a LOT MORE things you don't want, when you don't want to do them....but you do them anyway because you have to.

And that becomes more important even as you get to Jr and Sr High school....even more in College..and important to your life as an adult.

Unless you win the Powerball Jackpot on your 18th birthday, become insanely wealthy and never have to work a day in your life.

The rest of us have to learn routines...which are only difficult at first...they always get easier as you become used to them. Its really easier than it seems.

You will find the older you get the more routines you have to learn and get used to doing.
    Thank you so much
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 05:59 PM
    I probably eat about 2 little biscuits not much tho
    Do you have an eating problem (and a sleeping one)?

Feb 12, 2013, 06:14 PM
    Do you have an eating problem (and a sleeping one)?
    No...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
    No ...
    Hmmm...

Feb 12, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Hmmm ...
    What do u mean by hmmmm...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 07:49 PM
    Your ellipsis tells me there is something wrong. You either have an eating disorder already or want us to think you do -- or are a troll looking for some fun on a web site.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Your ellipsis tells me there is something wrong. You either have an eating disorder already or want us to think you do -- or are a troll looking for some fun on a web site.
    You really think the ellipsis gave it away...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You really think the ellipsis gave it away ...
    Was I missing something else..

Wait! Let me count the ways...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
    I must have missed it. Where fie you see she may havexan eating disorder?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 10:36 PM
    Her hedging made me suspicious.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
    Her hedging made me suspicious.
    ? I don't see anything of the sort.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 02:00 AM
    Was I missing something else ... ?

Wait! Let me count the ways ...

Feb 13, 2013, 06:51 AM
    I eat fine guys I don't have a disorder I have told you before and you don't believe me what make you think that ?

I eat my tea at 5:00 and I go to bed at 10:00 but can't get to sleep. You asked me what do I eat in the three hours before I go to bed which that means its between 7 and 10 and I eat two biscuits is that a problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleep Paralysis associated with Sleep Seizures? [ 4 Answers ]

I've dealt with sleep paralysis ever since I was a kid. As I got older, the "attacks" became more painful, I would feel actual physical pain and could not move or speak. About a few months ago, I could feel myself having little convulsions as I was having this painful sleep paralysis. I would only...

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

Need sleep, are on stilnox, clinics can cure the addiction but how do I sleep after [ 4 Answers ]

I have been drinking stilnox for three years to sleep, understand I am sort of addictive to it, been to docters, clinics, sleeping facilities, drank herbal medicine, follwed what's called sleep hygience, drank serotonin enhancers, NOTHING works, it's extremely difficult to get stilnox here and...

Dogs sleep walking and urinating in their sleep? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 14. She has urinated in her sleep three times. But the last one concerned me... she got up frantically and ran around the room, then into the wall. It startled her and she laid down and began urinating. I was looking at her and its like she didn't even realize she was doing it. She then...

View more questions Search