Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James9657 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Harley davidson help desk
    Recently I bought a used.. 2006 Harley Sportster.. can not keepbattery charged.. took back to the dealership.. and was put on test.. charging system was told to be fine, Put a new battery.. ( which I paid dearly). Still will not hold charge. I was riding.. and.. when stopped for gas, attempted to start, nothing again. A local car mechanic just happened to be in area.. and used a booster charger.. 12 volt.. it started.. and next morning, with a little hesitation.. re-started. As I rode.. approx. 36 miles.. a small engine light.. illuminated in the speedometer assy.. on.. off.. on... then off again... after about 3 miles.. ( I was praying to get home), I saw a battery inicator light come on.. also.. on.. off.. on.. off..
    Anyone have help with this..

Check out some similar questions!

Harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

My 1997 softail runs,but cuts out bad

Harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

Hard vibration when slowing or at about 40 when not under torque greatly reduced when I pull in on clutch.

About harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

Will wheels off a 2005 Fat Boy fit a 2012 Heritage Softail.

Ask harley davidson? [ 0 Answers ]

Will the exhaust header from a 98 flt fit my 90 fltcu Thanks for the help

Harley Davidson [ 3 Answers ]

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.' Arthur...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.