Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corrie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
    I really miss him!
    Hi everyone,

I would love some advice from you if possible. I was going out with this guy for about 7 months and I ended it at the end of Dec '06 because I was getting emotionally involved with this guy and he didn't see any future for us. I live in the UK and he on another island off the UK. I was so relieved when I ended things because the stress and worry about it was too much and I actually haven't missed him until up to 2 weeks ago. What I miss about him is his kindness and generous spirit, there's another part of me that is so angry towards him but also angry with myself for letting myself like this guy and getting hurt. He was the first guy in a long time where I wanted to give a relationship a try and funny enough thought that this was a guy I could get to love over time. Why is this feeling of missing him only occurring now and not before? Thanks everyone
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 03:20 PM
    It is natural to miss the man. It has only been 2 weeks, that is hardly enough time to move on from a relationship unless it was emotionally over long before the break up.

Mar 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
    No I ended it over 3 months ago now but it is only now in the past 2 weeks that I have actually started to miss him, this is the strange thing, don't you think. I haven't missed him up to this but the other part of me is angry also. He is moving into his new house in mid April and I would like to send him a card to wish him well with the move etc but is this a good idea?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 04:42 PM
    So you found out the grass isint greener on the other side perhaps? Maybe the time has passed for you to get around your feelings and to relax a bit - away from a relationship and maybe u miss the intamacy and the amazing feelings which come with being in a great relationship.

Sending a card would be innapropriate. Move on unless you are serious about being 'friends' or wanting more, otherwise this would create confusion and hurt!!
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Maybe because all of a sudden you feel lonely...

You just realized what you've lost...

I don't think it's strange to miss him now, but I also think that you should probably move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
    What you feel is so natural, and we all here have had the same feelings. Stay busy and leave him alone, so you can go through the whole healing process. Time and hard work will work wonders down the road, and give you a healthy attitude with those feelings, so you will know how to handle them.

Mar 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Thanks everyone for your advice. Yes I do miss him very much but I know that ending it was the right thing to do, we did not want the same things in life and I could not carry on pretending anymore that is why I ended it, we both agreed in the lonterm it was never going to work. One thing is for sure, whoever does get to be with him will be one very lucky lady.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Mar 19, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Yes it happened THEY ALWAYS COME BACK! From your part don't make it seem like you miss him just take it slow friends let him start to contact you after you contact him... see how he still feels.

Mar 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Yeah I would like to send him a card wishng him well in his new home and that would be it. Knowing him more than likely he will respond and thank me which is fine, but in my heart I would not want to get back with him but only if he instigated it, then there might be some hope but other than that no.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone and move on, and just be happy for that person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I miss my ex [ 7 Answers ]

:( helo! wel i was just wandering if i am ever going to get back with my ex boyfriend. i dumped him, over silly reasons, and he said he couldnt get back with me, and we finished for good. but i still so much in love with him. he has a new gf, but about 1 month ago, he said he still loved me. havent...

I really miss my ex [ 31 Answers ]

Ok, I was dating a guy for almost 2 years. He isn't my first love but my first proper relationship, physically and emotionally. For almost 2 years things were amazing, we had our fights, obviously, but I was always grateful of him, I could never believe my luck that I had him. However, we both did...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

I Miss Him Already! [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently been dating this guy I've known for almost 6 years. We've always gotten along really well and used to date when I was a lot younger. We stopped talking for a couple of years while we were both with other people. We reunited about 6 months ago and hit it off even better than it was...

View more questions Search