Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hypermaggot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 06:02 AM
    Got the Interview, but realized afterward missing information on application.
    Long story short, the potential employer asked for the last 5 years of my work history. I've been with the company that I work for now for nearly 7 years. I had gotten laid off then rehired after a 4 month break from the company(long story, I quit before I was laid off but lay off was going to happen.) I didn't think about it at the time I applied but afterwards when I got the call for the interview I tend to have a lot of things run through my mind. I realized afterwards that I didn't put down that I was laid off for a temporary time and worked for another company. It was a brief time nearly 4 years ago, and I didn't put this down under the work history. After being rehired, I got all of my seniority and benefits and vacation back. The company still sees me as being there for nearly 7 years.

Now I'm wondering what I should do? Should I call the potential employer immediately and explain this or bring it up in the interview? Or should I just not say anything? Normally I wouldn't worry but if they call my current employer and ask about my hire date, I'm not sure if they will get the rehire date or my new hire date. I put down my new hire date.

My interview is tomorrow and I'm worried. Any response would be great! Thank you!

2nd question

My company has 2 facilities. The one I work in is the "old" facility, and the H.R is in the new one. When asked for the business number I gave my current supervisors company issued cell phone number. Should I address this with them as well? I did this due to no office managers in our facility and I wasn't sure exactly who they wanted to speak to, my supervisor or HR. I could not put 2 numbers on the application.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
    I hired for a law firm. I hire for my own business. I would not hire someone who couldn't get answers straight on a job application.

Therefore, I would do nothing at this point. If there is a question and your employer is interested he will ask. I think explaining "I forgot" several times will not make you look like a good potential employee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing information [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble calculating missing information (liabilities). Dec 31, 2010 Assets: 123,000 Liabilites? Equity? Dec 31, 2011 Assets 112,500 Liabilites 75,000 Equity 37,500 During year 2011: Stock issuances of 4,500, Net income of 18,000 and cash dividends of 9,000 What is the amount...

Find Missing Information for COGS [ 1 Answers ]

Need help finding (a) which is Beginning Inventory.

Last paycheck stub missing information. [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a website in which I can find a copy of my w2's for 2007 because I can use my last paycheck stub but it is missing my fed withholdings and my f.i.c.a for the year to date.

View more questions Search