Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itmeeverybody Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Algeba 2 and Geometry course selection help?
    I'm a student who is going to be a freshman next year. I was supposed to take Algebra 1 in 7th grade, but because I had moved that year to a place which doesn't offer specialized math courses until High School, I couldn't. When I moved again, to a place where I could get the course, I took Algebra 1 this year. I have friends all of who are taking geometry in 8th grade (this year) and I want to catch up to them, and also finish off my first few math credits. I have two options which I want to take:

1) Take Geometry over the summer on an online summer course.

OR

2) Take Algebra 2 and Geometry in my freshman year together, year long. Geometry would be one of my electives.

What would you recommend? Why?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2013, 09:07 AM
    Is the online summer course recognized and accepted?

I'd take the course over the summer so that the fall's schedule isn't overwhelming.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 09:13 AM
    HI,
    I was a high school math teacher for 13 yrs. Before changing careers. I taught Alg 1, Alg2, Geometry, Business Math, etc.
    If you are a straight A student, then taking both at the same time might be OK, but it would definitely be a lot of work. What does your guidance couselor think?
    IF the course online is accredited, and IF your high school will accept the course, then it might be better to take one online. Please ask your couselor's advice, too. Best wishes, and good luck.
    itmeeverybody Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Thank you both for answering my question. I am a straight A student, especially when it comes to math.

I think I'm going to take the year-long elective. Everyone recommends it. Thank you again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geometry help [ 9 Answers ]

Find the sum: 1+4+7+10+... to 100 terms

Geometry geometry [ 2 Answers ]

4y+ 7;6y +3 if the pairs of angles are complementary ,find the measure .

Graphing algeba [ 1 Answers ]

How do I use a formula in excel to solve a graphing problem?

Geometry [ 16 Answers ]

An art student uses strips of paper to form a quadrilateral with congruent diagonals. This quadrilateral must be? One of the following. A parallelogram A rectangle An isosceles trapezoid

View more questions Search