Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panko Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 12:41 PM
    A man's entire head (not just the brain) is kept alive in a laboratory tank
    Sci Fi B&W circa '50s.
    A man's entire head (not just the brain) is kept alive in a laboratory tank.
    Memory is elusive, but the tank was dampish, and I think the neck had a towel nuzzled around its base.
    Many kind thanks.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
    Any possibility it was a woman's head?
    The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962) - IMDb
    panko Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    any possibility it was a womans head?
    The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962) - IMDb
    I recall it as a man's head with hair, set in a sort of fishtank, not a bandaged-headed woman. Still, it was an awfully long time ago, and I certainly may have confused this with the chap getting eaten by Caltiki !
    Thankee for your leads- I will search for these flicks and hope for some really satisfying nightmares!
    Movie Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
    Fun!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2013, 03:01 PM
    I recall a low budget movie from the 60s I think... with a man's head in a tank.
    The title 'The Island of Dr Moreau' popped into my head (LOL) just now, H. G. Wells' first novel. It's about a man who attaches human and animal body parts together and they roam the island. It might have been made into a movie that didn't go mainstream, because there is plenty of mention of a 1977 and a 1996 version. I see a mention of a 'first movie' in a story about the 1977 version, but I find no reference to it.
    Movie Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Hmmm doesn't fit exactly, there is a brain kept alive in a 'fish tank' type thing, but its just a brain, not a head. Take a look-see:
    Donovan's Brain Trailer 1953 - YouTube
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Or try Mad Doctor of Blood Island 1968.
    Jackie B Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2013, 11:37 AM
    The Brain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's causing my headaches? Feels like brain freeze but in any area of head. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been suffering for a few weeks now with pains that I can only describe as being like brain freeze,( only not always that severe) but I don't get the pain in just my forehead I get it down the sides too. Also the pain isn't caused from eating icecream. Sometimes I can get the pains on and off...

I am breaking out on my entire stomach and entire back and it doesn't itch or even rea [ 1 Answers ]

I am breaking out on my entire stomach and entire back and it doesn't itch or even really bother me. I got out of the shower and I went to put lotion on and I felt my stomach and I seen a bunch of very tiny little white bumps you almost can see them unless you are really looking its only all over...

Mom had brain radiation, dementia, hit head hard, dad won't make her go to hospital! [ 6 Answers ]

First off, I'm 19 years old and only want the best for my mom as well as my dad. My mom has has been fighting cancer for the past six years, she has the BRCA1 gene that predetermines her to have breast and other types of cancer. She developed ovarian cancer, had a full histarectamy,...

30s or 40s african expedition man roasted alive in clay, man tied down bitten by snak [ 1 Answers ]

Title of old african expedition movie, captured by natives. One man roasted alive in clay, one man tied down and bitten by snakes, and one set free to be hunted down by warriors but he lives.

When I turn my shower on the head makes a load noise during the entire shower? [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn it on the noise begins almost immeditaly afterwards. And the noise only stops when we slow the amount of water coming through the shower head.

View more questions Search