Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2broken2think Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 04:22 AM
    Lies
    We married quick, and everything was awesome, we attended church.regularly, rededicated, got baptisted together, and life was great. I kept my past hide, a debt that I made many yrs before. When money got tight would shuffle money around to keep it coverd, well finially had to come clean.. an tell her about it... Now, seems like every little word I say she makes me out to be lying... truth would have hurt in the beginning, but now is destroying us... Will God intervine... and help? I love her so much,I thought keeping it queit was protecting her, wrong answer.. truth. Is always best...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2013, 04:31 AM
    I don't believe that anyone on this earth has a direct line to God to give you an answer.
    You need to take all this on yourself. Tell her again how sorry you are, but this time without excuses such as how you were protecting her. All excuses are lame, but that's the lamest. All excuses and explanations void the apology.

Yes, you need to suffer too, from her lack of trust, while you work day and night being trustworthy. Consider it penance. Redeeming yourself. Oh, and work doubly hard on that old debt too, to pay it off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 06:51 AM
    You and your wife need to get into counseling, try and find someone you both can trust.

You were wrong and still trying to justify a lie. You were wrong, and your lying is being punished.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Marriage counseling would be a good idea. Lying is not a good thing, as you know. Maybe some help will save your marriage before it breaks up for good. Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2013, 09:23 AM
    This seems to be more about whether God will intervene than anything else.

Is this for the religion boards?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    Marriage counseling would be a good idea. Lying is not a good thing, as you know. Maybe some help will save your marriage before it breaks up for good. Good luck.
    PS, As an afterthought, Your question was whether God will intervene and help. Miracles have happened, but no one knows if He will or not. Prayer is wonderful, and prayers are answered, but not always how or when we want to hear or find out an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

Lies? [ 11 Answers ]

hey =D really random question guys, as you know everyone lies to their parents now and again, but lately I have been feeling bad about it, I was thinking, because when they die, can they find everything out that you have lied about.. and do they hate you? kitty xxx

She Lies [ 4 Answers ]

We have a friend, who has lied to us consistantly since day 1. It's only been recent that we as her group of friends have come together and noticed her obvious lies. We've also looked back on some of the absoloute bollocks shes told us. For example: Sleeping on a bench/door step in Camden with...

View more questions Search