Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
    When a bread is baked
    Why does bread rise when it is baked? How do you think the mass of the bread would compare to the original total mass of the ingredients in the recipe.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Have you studied fermentation? How does this process apply to bread making?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Bread disagreement [ 9 Answers ]

I have recently noticed that whenever I eat bread about 30mins after I feel terribly bloated and my stomach actually swells out and does not stop gurgling anf rumbling and I get awful wind as well. Is this something I should be looking into further? Or need to be worried about? Could I be allergic...

Rainbow bread? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but...

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

Banana bread [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please give me a recipe for banana bread without american weights and without nuts I have had one and lost it thanks -chryssie

View more questions Search