Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenm107 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 10:03 AM
    How to wire just the light to dimmer swich not the fan
    PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the white with the white and black with the blue the light came on but would not dim . The wires I have coming from ceiling are the single ones that are not wired to any other wires yet till I figure out the fan pull swich are black, red, 2 blue, and the wires that are cunected to another wire are the purple connected to purple one that is sodered to the reverse swich, white wire from ceiling conectes to the 2 white wires from the fan reverse swich and 2 blue wires from reverse swich are connected together
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Hi,

Typically I recommend this wiring guide to most new members... it has all the different wire colors. Let me know if that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire ceiling fan light to dimmer wall swich and not the fan [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the...

Install dimmer swich to fluresent light with 3 wire ballast [ 2 Answers ]

Ihave installed 2 dimmer swiches to room that has 2 8' light each one has a 2lamps ballast total of 4 lamps per fixture.the . It'S 2 SONGLE SWICH I hooked the ballast brown to black gray to white and orange to hot dim Bouth swiches are sharing the costant hot What hapend is each swich is...

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breke [ 0 Answers ]

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breker to go on and lights goes off.pl help

How do I wire a lutron fan/light dimmer switch [ 2 Answers ]

How do I wire a Lutron Maestro Fan/Light dimmer swicth?

View more questions Search