Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenm107 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 10:01 AM
    How to wire ceiling fan light to dimmer wall swich and not the fan
    PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the white with the white and black with the blue the light came on but would not dim . The wires I have coming from ceiling are the single ones that are not wired to any other wires yet till I figure out the fan pull swich are black, red, 2 blue, and the wires that are cunected to another wire are the purple connected to purple one that is sodered to the reverse swich, white wire from ceiling conectes to the 2 white wires from the fan reverse swich and 2 blue wires from reverse swich are connected together
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 11, 2013, 12:10 AM
    Try and go online and search for your manufacturer's web site. Most fan makers have owners manuals and wiring diagrams (that are color coded). There are some common wire color usage for the capacitor that regulates fan speed; but without knowing more about the product, a safe answer is not possible.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2013, 08:22 PM
    Hey, does this site help you at all?

This is a guide on ceiling fan wiring... I know it's for wiring a fan, but it also has a couple other points about wiring up light kits and all... any luck? It's got the different colors of wires there in the article...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace 4 wire ceiling fan (& wall plate 2 wall sliders), with 5 wire fan + remote? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Current configuration: Wall switch that has 2 sliders, one for the fan (has multiple speed capability) and the other for the light (has dimming capability). Our wall slider switch looks like this one (but not this make/model), just for FYI: Hunter Fan/Light Dual Slide Preset Control -...

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Need assistance wiring ceiling fan/light to wall switch with dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

The celing outlet has one 3-conductor wire running to the wall outlet (black, white, red, ground). I hooked up the celing fan's white to outlet's white, the ground to ground and then ceiling fan's black to black. I also hooked the fan's light wiring (blue) to the outlet black. FAN OUTLET...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search