Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsmoto2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Living with Boyfriend while he's going through custody
    I've been living with my boyfriend for the last two months. He just started going through custody negotiations with his ex. He's fine with all the vistation/custody arrangements but one... In order for her to agree to anything, he can't live with anyone, visitations have to be at his parents house, and his chilrden can't know that he's dating anyone until either his ex is OK with him dating or his children are OK with it.
    We know that this stipulation is temperary, but don't know how long it could possibly last. We don't want to split up and he doesn't want to take it to trail because of things that happened in his past before children that would effect his chances of getting any kind of decent visitation. He knows that this is her way of contuning to control his life because she wants him back, although she left him and took the children to start with.
    I guess my question is, how long can she possible keep this stipulation in tact? They have a court date the 23rd of this month (February) and he knows that he has a parenting class after that. Will it be lifted after negotations are set in place, after his parenting class, or longer? We'd like to get married but can't even do that until this is settled. I've already moved out, but we would both really like to know how long this "seperation" might last.
    Thanks for any suggestions and/or advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2013, 08:26 AM
    She can keep this "stipulation in tact" unless and until you get married. This is a common arrangement in custody issues of minor children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he have the right to ask for full custody if he is living with his parents? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a mother of 3 kids that are not his, but we are having a baby of our own and I am 5 months pregnant. We are not dating since I've gotten pregnanat, but that he was/is going to be there for the baby, but now he saying that "IF" the baby is his that he will be there. He still lives at home with...

Child custody/living arrangements [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out how a child who is 12 can change where she is living when one parent is in the USA and the other is in Canada?

Filing for custody in nh when living in VT [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine recently found out he has a 6 yr old son, the mother moved when they broke up never telling him she was pregnant, and never notifying him when the little boy was born that he had a child! All of a sudden he got a summons to court for child suppot... the child support has been...

View more questions Search