Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lkrivenbark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Schematics for wiring of 1995 Oakwood mobile home
    Have a 1995 Oakwood mobile home hot water wiring is not working on hot water heater need to know where the cross over box is located. Need schematics of mobile home please help. Electrician needs this to run knew wire to hot water heater.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Even if you could find a schematic (doubtful) it will typically not show the location of junction boxes etc.
    I am curious as to why an electrician would need a schematic to run a new wire.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 AM
    The splice box is usually located underneath where the 2 halves join.
    If you have a scuddle hole in the ceiling, it could also be there.
    Running new from Panel is not a bad Idea, but It still could just be a connection in the box. Also, finding the box allow you to only replace the bad half.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oakwood mobile home electrical wiring schematics? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Oakwood Double Wide Mobile home that we have lost power to 1/2 of living area, all of master bedroom and all of master bathroom. Have checked all breakers and replaced the one that kept tripping that controls the rooms with no power, but when we reconnect power to the breaker is...

I have a 1999 single wide oakwood home I need a wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

My power isn't working in the spare bathroom

Mobile home service wiring. [ 2 Answers ]

What size and type wire do you use to connect electrical service to a mobile home

External Mobile Home wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have 200 amp service poll with a 200 amp breaker box mounted on the poll, there are 3 wires from the meter to the box. One ground and 2 120 amp. No neutral wire. The poll has a ground wire in the ground beside it that the ground wire in the box is connect4ed to. I want run a line from bottom of...

Wiring a mobile home [ 4 Answers ]

I'm running the service for my trailer and I need some help with it. I have a 200 amp panel in the home and a 200 amp panel on the pole. But the panel on the pole only has one set of lugs on the top of the main breaker. Do I need lugs on the bottom of the panel to put the wire in from the trailer...

View more questions Search