Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozziechick 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 11:14 PM
    What aids in the healing of dry socket
    Hi Im still suffering a dry socket after 10 days, Ive been back to the dentist a couple times. Yes I use salt water, and take vitamins, but still in pain. I take so long to heal. Any suggestions out there from people who have had this problem. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2013, 11:24 PM
    10 days isn't out of the realm of normal recovery. We don't know your general health. Smoking of course is a no-no. You should be gently brushing the area with a soft toothbrush after you eat as well as rinsing with salt water vigorously, swooshing and sucking as you rinse. 10 days of a serious pain killer like Vicodin is pretty standard.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 11:29 PM
    Smoking of course is a no-no.
    As is drinking out of a straw.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2013, 11:40 PM
    Sounds like you're doing everything right but you may need a pain reliever. Advil worked for me - I'm allergic to narcotics and it was all I was permitted to take, and I found it perfectly adequate. It still hurt a little but was very tolerable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IS This a dry socket? [ 6 Answers ]

I had my wisdom tooth out on a tusday bottom left one. It hurst just a little and I'm bleeding a little almost fading away.. and I want to know if this is a dry socket can some one please help me

What is a dry socket [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had a tooth removal it was the right bottom last tooth... it was abcess prior to this I was prescribed antibiotics, before the tooth removal and then back to have it removed a month later. The tooth site where the tooth removed was looking like it was healing now it has like a white inside the...

Dry Socket [ 2 Answers ]

So I just had my wisdom teeth out Tuesday.. and I had 2 dry sockets by Friday and both were filled in and feeling better.. I was just wondering when I can smoke again? I took a light drag of one last night and seemed to be all right.. and one more question after you get rid of a dry socket, can you...

Bacteria that aids wound healing? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 questions. 1) I would like to know is there such thing as bacteria or other micro-organisms that are beneficial to wound healing? 2) Do all of these micro-organisms take in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide, like us? Are there any of them that has oxygen as the product of...

View more questions Search