Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calmmustang Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Social anxiety disorder,Introverted,or??
    I want to get help(hopefully by reading books about it) but do not know where to start, so ill start at my beginning.
    I was born with a cleft lip and have been teased about (not alot) all my life by my brothers.
    I am home schooled and know a lot about things I like (raising animals, growing plants, cooking, ect) but never had any 'friends' even when my brothers friends came to my house they would ignore me.
    When I was really little I got lost at a fair and some strangers found me and me and I rode on the guys shoulders looking for my parents until we found them, I thought it was fun at the time, then I heard my mom talking to a friend later that month and the friend was saying how lucky I am that I didn't get kid napped and stuff, that really scared me and after that I have allwas been uneasy of strangers.
    Then my dad started getting really abusive, yelling, swearing, hitting, really angry sometimes.
    I then started getting CRAZY dreams, people I know beating me up for no reason,getting in car crashes, people getting creepy, then I got some dreams and I didn't know weather they where real or not (that's how real they were)

Today I am so scared of people if I see someone I know coming at me at a store I could run and hide, I feel like I'm having a panic attack.
    I have a lot of trouble looking and speaking to people
    I just feel really scared in public, even going outside I'm looking over my shoulders every two seconds to make sure no one is following me.

I am a wreck and I disappoint my family everyday, still don't have any friends and no one understands why I am the way I am, I hear people saying things all the time like 'Shes doesn't tell me anything', or 'your the quietest person I have ever met' things like that, it really bothers my because when I talk... nothing comes out, its like I can't talk, I'm scared ill get beaten up or they will judge me for what I say, other times I feel like I'm not worth taking up there time by speaking. I feel like a waste.
    I have no one to talk to and want to get help but don't really want my family to know...

A few weeks ago a saw a show on social anxiety disorder and the light went on, I felt like I had ever symptom they where talking about.

My parents are divorced and I am so scared of my dad (never see or talk to him)
    I am suicidal, self harming and feel so lost and worthless.

But would like to get better, anything you could recommend?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 09:12 PM
    Start seeing a counselor.

Was your cleft lip repaired when you were an infant?

How old are you now?

Feb 9, 2013, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Start seeing a counselor.

Was your cleft lip repaired when you were an infant?

How old are you now?
    I can't, I'm to nervous of what my family will think of me if they know I have problems

Yes, the cleft is repaired after 8 surgeries, and still one to go.

I am 16 and living with my mom and brothers
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by calmmustang View Post
    i can't, im to nervous of what my family will think of me if they know i have problems
    You think they haven't figure this out yet?

Feb 9, 2013, 08:58 AM
    No they just think I'm shy, I really try not to show my weakness, and never talk about it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by calmmustang View Post
    no they just think im shy, i really try not to show my weakness, and never talk about it
    Then get help for your "shyness."

Feb 9, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Then get help for your "shyness."
    Can you recommend any books or anything?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 11:16 AM
    Reading isn't good enough. You have to practice it and have a person to be accountable to.

Do you live near a public library or can get to one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social anxiety disorder [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! So... I'm very depressed cause my parents got separated this summer... I live with my mom now... she doesn't love me AT ALL! Plus I've a social anxiety disorder too.im in the 2nd year of college.. my problem is that I want to take a break from my studies, I'm very depressed and I can't...

Anxiety disorder, social awkwardness [ 12 Answers ]

For the past few months I have been becoming more and more socially awkward. I fear that I am suffering from a mental illness, possibly Anxiety disorder, but I am looking for another opinion. Symptoms: -If someone that I don't feel completely comfortable around asks me to do something I over...

Social Anxiety Disorder, I think I have it [ 4 Answers ]

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/29zqS8/www.socialanxietysupport.com/ I think I have social Anxiety Disorder, my behavior matches it perfectly... but I'm not able to see a shrink or any time soon and I need to deal with my worries like now because its conflicting my life. Is there a way I can deal...

My son has bipolar/physcioaffective/ocd/social anxiety disorder/manic depressive [ 7 Answers ]

I am just looking for someone who I can converse with who is experiencing or has experienced the same thing I am going through as a mother. My son, 23, was diagnosed last year with bipolar, psycho-affective (associated with schizophrenias), social anxiety disorder, manic depressive, and over...

Have anxiety disorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have had anxiety for 5 years now, icant go anywhere from my home and its getting worse. I want to know my future what will happen? Thanks

View more questions Search