Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 04:14 PM
    So I'm thinking my professor marked my test wrong.
    Okay, so I'm an early childhood education student. However, there's a few geneds (electives I had to take), I've taken most of them. There's just two left along with my remaining ece courses . Anyway one of the electives I'm in is a children's lit course. He gave us this take home open book test and told us and me to use his notes or Google it. I got most of the information from his lecture notes and some which I searched online which he told me to do. The quiz was more than 10 questions although it's only 5 marks. I got .90 out of five. I think he made a mistake in marking it. My class average is 15.20/20. I haven't gottten any bad marks in the past few years or in his class. I sent him an email. I'm wondering if he marked it wrong. Or maybe I'm a failure. Like a failure as a writer. The quiz was on the elements of the story and most of it was fact based on the lecture notes he gave us and I included the answers the way it was put in the notes. I'm so confused and distraught. What should I do? I'm supposed to be good at english
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2013, 04:17 PM
    This is really a discussion you need to have with your tutor as only THEY can answer your concerns.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Try not to worry while you wait. I'm not sure how we can know. Perhaps .90 is 90% (he did the math).
    15.2/20 is 76%.
    Sounds good to me!

Feb 8, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Try not to worry while you wait. I'm not sure how we can know. Perhaps .90 is 90% (he did the math).
    15.2/20 is 76%.
    Sounds good to me!
    Oh thank you for your kind words. Yeah even my parents were saying not to beat myself up and that the made a mistake. I've gotten as on my other assignmentss amd I've sent him an email. I did a calculation and the average is 78. My friend got the same mark and she's confused as I am.

Feb 8, 2013, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    This is really a discussion you need to have with your tutor as only THEY can answer your concerns.
    I emailed my professor. He made have made a mistake. I have been doing quite well in his class so far. I have gotten as on my other assignments and have been doing well in my other classes
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 05:49 PM
    I'd leave a voicemail to your professor. It's more personal than an email. Set up an appointment if necessary.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2013, 06:37 PM
    Not sure how you got 78. 15.2 divided by 20 is 76%. But anyway...
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2013, 08:27 PM
    Forgive me for saying but you wouldn't get a C if you were graded on the English used in the posts here, not that I am an expert. Spelling, capitalization, and grammar don't seem to be strong for someone who states upfront: "I'm supposed to be good at english."
    The many typos and other errors make it difficult for me to make an assessment one way or the other on your question. And how did you calculate the 78?
    Again, sorry but those are the items that stand out to me in a post by an education student.

Feb 9, 2013, 10:18 PM
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your kind words! It turns out that I did really well! I got 90%. Anyway please see my new question1
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2013, 12:51 AM
    You need to take a deep look at values and life, you were ready to claim to be a failure from one test, or even one class. Life does not hinge on one class or grade. People make errors and at times your great writing style is not liked by some teachers, I still take many classes and I have papers I write every week. In the last 6 classes, I got A almost perfect in every class, one professor in one class just did not like my writing style, I passed but no A, so a bad grade is not who you are.

Next always challenge a professor, that is what college is about, if you disagre

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Professor's Assistant falls for Professor's wife [ 0 Answers ]

The Professor is very neglectful of his wife. He hires an assistant how falls in love with his wife. The wife is played by a Nicole Kidman-type woman. The Professor is played by a Jeff Bridges-type guy. In one scene the Assistant lays out the wife's panties and bra on his bed and imagines it is...

Sex too days after period test came up negative could test be wrong [ 1 Answers ]

2 days after my period I had sex without a condom I took a pregancy est 2 days after sex and it came up negative is there a chance I still could be?

Can a blood test be wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5 days late and I had a blood test yesterday to see if I'm pregnant. They said the test was negative and I was wondering what the chances where that it was wrong? I just haven't ever been this late before and I'm trying to get pregnant.

Can a home test be wrong [ 5 Answers ]

I am only four days late but I have exteme heart burn and I am exhausted. I have frequent urination and am very thristy, I am not diabetic, I checked my blood sugar already. I have taken two home pregnancy test one with morning urine and both are negative. They are the digital tests that say not...

Could my blood test be wrong [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am expected to get my period on the 31 of Augest... When I went to the doctor he offerd me a blood test for pregnancy... The first day of my last peroid was on the 3 of Augest. Is it just to soon for all of this... Do I have to wait or is the test right and I'm not pregnant? I took the...

View more questions Search