Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmS_89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Fixed costs are really variable. The more you produce, the smaller the unit cost of p
    Fixed costs are really variable. The more you produce, the smaller the unit cost of production. Is this statement correct? Why or why not?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2013, 05:52 PM
    This depends on your definition of variable. Unit cost of production is not a variable cost but a calculated cost based on a given number of units

Variable costs are defined as those costs which move unoformly in relation to the number of units produced and may otherwise be known as direct costs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed and variable costs per unit [ 1 Answers ]

X Company has established a budget of $50,000 for the production of 1000 units. Half of this amount is fixed. At an actual production level of 500 units, (a) determine the variable cost per unit (b) determine the fixed cost per unit (c) determine total fixed cost (d) determine total...

Recompute the fixed costs, variable cost and the BEP using the high low method. [ 3 Answers ]

Info is : Month Meals Served Total Costs July 3,500 $20,500 August 4,000 22,600 September 4,200 23,350 October 4,600 24,500 November 4,700 25,000 December 4,900 26,000 I have gotten the fixed costs as $4.29.

How do variable costs and fixed costs differ [ 4 Answers ]

How do variable and fixed costs differ?

Accounting Sales Price Variable Material Costs Fixed Monthly Costs [ 0 Answers ]

I have no clue where to begen with this, I could use some help! Its due on Friday night and the teacher as done nothing to help here. I'm totally lost. The individual portion of this assignment is for each person to produce his/her own solution to the following. Claire’s Antiques has fixed cost...

View more questions Search