Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pookieouchi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Extra Light Period
    Hi, Im 33 years old and have been on birth control since I was 21. I recently changed from Nortel 777 to Orthro Novum 777 which I believe is of no difference since its generic. Anyway I usually get my period every Wednesday morning but yesterday although I have the dark circles and aches, I had a slight spotting when I wiped but nothing on my pany liner. Thursday a dot on the liner and very faint while wiping. Its Friday now and nothing. I have not had sex in over 6 months so I know it can't be pregnancy but just curious if this is normal due to the length of time on the pill. Should I call my DR, has anyone had this experience before. It is kind of freaking me out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 06:43 AM
    First what do you mean you normally get period on Wednesday ? That is not how it works, you would have a so many day cycle, according to the pills, normally 28 day, so the period starts on various days throughout the year ?

But anyway, yes changing medication may cause it, as well as stress, other illness and more.
    pookieouchi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 06:51 AM
    I mean three days into my placebo pills I get my period which is a Wednesday and every month like clock work it comes on that Wednesday. Nortell 777 was the generic replacement of Orthro Novum so I thought it wouldn't affect it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extra Period [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 32 year old healthy female.. my periods have always come like clock work since I was 16.. my period was on time again this month but it was shorter than usual. Then a week later it has started again. I am really nervous. It is acting like a normal period.. cramps, bloating, sore breast.....

Extra long period [ 1 Answers ]

My periods's been on for about 2-3 weeks. I took birth control mid November (the shot) for the 1st time and I haven't taken ever since. My period came on about the last week of December (2011) and its just starting to go off (january 12 2012). I'm guessing the birth control caused this? Did it? I'm...

Extra Late period! [ 1 Answers ]

Earlier this year i had to go to the gyno because i didnt get my period for 2 months so they gave me 10 pills to take and then when my period came i took birth control for 1 month. So i started having a period every month for 4 months These are the days june 13th july 7th august 4th and sept 7th.....

Abnormal period. Twice a month? Extra period? [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I'm Shiner321. Okay so in June I skipped my period. Then I started on July 1st-8th. Then in July I had another period from the 24th- August 2nd. Then I didn't wear a pad for like three days after my period when on the 5th of August I started again. Could something be wrong? Is something wrong...

Adding an extra light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light fitting with 3x100 watt spotlights on a dimmer switch and all worked well. I have picked up power from this light fitting and added another wall light (2x40 watt bulbs). Now, both sets of lights work, but the dimmer does not. The lights are either on or off when I turn the dimmer...

View more questions Search