Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naomile Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It did not suck. If you used the one I gave you, it is perfect once you added your personal info. They are crazy!!!!! I've been helping people with resumes since 1985 and have taught seminars on it.

I meant, like, the old-fashioned way, with a pen and paper, even lined notebook paper.
    Hey I don't know. That's what they told me.
    Said I needed more accomplishments and stuff and that they don't know what I wanted to do, childcare, welding (because of the robotics stuff or computers) and also to make up some better stufff.. forgot.

Speaking of resume.. with online applications how should I fill them out?
    I see some I can do on Craigslist but they all ask for relevant experience. I send it to them I hear nothing. Also with online applications do I feel out n/a for employment history even though I do have 1 week of retail experience lmao.

Oh.. I'll do that. And when I'm done what then?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomile View Post
    Hey I don't know. That's what they told me.
    I should call them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Said I needed more accomplishments and stuff and that they don't know what I wanted to do, childcare, welding (because of the robotics stuff or computers) and also to make up some better stufff.. forgot.
    But you have virtually NO experience, so that is what they are supposed to be helping you figure out, what do you want to do. I may have to move up to Milwaukee and shake up that city and their social services!! They should give you an interest test and maybe the Myers-Brigg test.
    Speaking of resume.. with online applications how should I fill them out?
    I see some I can do on Craigslist but they all ask for relevant experience.
    We really need to find an entry-level job for you. Let me think.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 09:48 PM
    Why didn't you tell me right away who you are and make me have to figure it out?

Feb 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
    I should call them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But you have virtually NO experience, so that is what they are supposed to be helping you figure out, what do you want to do. I may have to move up to Milwaukee and shake up that city and their social services!!!! They should give you an interest test and maybe the Myers-Brigg test.

We really need to find an entry-level job for you. Lemme think.
    Haha that's why I like you.

I tried some temp services that I called almost everyday for anything they never had anything for me because I put down no experience. I went to one that works with small warehouse projects you need 6 months warehouse experience before you can even apply. -.-

I take online personality test ISFP 95% of the time comes up the rest of the 5% is INFP. So I hope that helps.

I've taken the Holland Codes online personality tests it comes of realistic (doer), investigative(thinker) than artistic ( my top 3).

Feb 8, 2013, 09:55 PM
    Why didn't you tell me right away who you are and make me have to figure it out?
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean too.

I don't know why. I've always done this. It feels safer. I can become someone else with a problem... I don't know.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 09:59 PM
    You know by now you are safe with me. :)

Let me come up with a list of entry-level jobs I think you could handle. I'll report back tomorrow.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 10:11 PM
    I believe this was all discussed here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/job-hu...725453-29.html

Alias abuse on this site is not permitted.

<thread closed>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legal issues building house on parents land, TN [ 6 Answers ]

My father is deceased and my mother has advancing Alzheimer's Disease. They had both always maintained that upon their deaths the property was to be equitably divided between my sister, my brother and myself. My sister had been living in a mobile home behind our mother and helping her with bills,...

I have issues lying and stealing and my parents don't trust me now. [ 7 Answers ]

I have had a lot of trouble ying and stealing lately... I have been caught twice and I am addicted to lying, I just can't seem to stop. Does anyone know how to stop this?? I have such a hard time resisting the urge to lie or steal and can't seem to break the habit even though I really want to....

Can I sue my parents for neglect and health issues? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, the best way to start is that when I was 10 my dad died, I lived with him really for the 10 years, he did the best for me, but when he ended up passing away I was sent to live with my mom. She's never really had a stable life style, always moving to different cities and always just to wrapped...

Lost my job cannot afford rent and roommate issues in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lease through May (5 months left), however, I was recently laid off and because of my situation (1099 employee) I am not getting unemployment. I have no funds coming in and I have no way of paying my rent. My parents have offered for me to stay with them until I get back on my feet. I...

I need help w/ my parents, medicare issues [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a concerned daughter. My parents will be new to medicare here shortly. I need advice on where to guide them for help. Unfortunately, I live 4 hrs away. I heard of support groups where seniors can go and get questions answered. I want them to get help from friendly folks. The new...

View more questions Search