Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 09:13 AM
    What's your opinion/sisters murder
    Its been almost 4 yrs since my sisters murder & the killer has yet to go to trial.the judges/public defenders office/district attorney should be ashamed of themselves.read what happened to renee on my webpage. http://community.webtv.net/r6864/1
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I tried to read the link, but there was nothing there. Sorry.
    panther195 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Mar 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
    The url is on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Got it now, thanks.

Mar 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
    What really bugs me is the terror she went through in the truck all alone with him.I HATE this punk for what he did to my sister & family & if I could have 1 wish it would to be just 5 minutes alone with him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 12:00 PM
    I am sorry for your loss and I believe you are full of hate which is not doing you or anyone any good.

I also believe since he has not been convicted your post attacks him and his parents. I believe his parents could most likely sue you because of the web site.

** Trails can take years to get to court, it does not mean anyone is doing anything wrong, only the defense attorneys are doing better than normal.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Anger is part of grieving... it is natural. I think the most important thing is to channel your anger and frustration into something that works positively toward a resolution. You can leave messages at the DA's office, write to them and other government officials, have petitions signed. Volunteer time with a battered women's shelter to be proactive. It's amazing how good you can feel just by helping someone else. You have to get the anger out of your heart, or your sister's death with destroy your life.

Mar 18, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vlee
    Anger is part of grieving...it is natural. I think the most important thing is to channel your anger and frustration into something that works positively toward a resolution. You can leave messages at the DA's office, write to them and other government officials, have petitions signed. Volunteer time with a battered women's shelter to be proactive. It's amazing how good you can feel just by helping someone else. You have to get the anger out of your heart, or your sister's death with destroy your life.
    Its easier said then done.I would give up a awful lot just to be alone with this punk for 5 minutes.what goes around comes around.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 19, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by panther195
    what goes around comes around.
    I know it's hard to let go of anger and hate, but you said it best right there. He will get what he deserves sooner or later. Most people will hang themselves if you give them enough rope. I hope you find peace and begin to heal.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Panther, I just saw your posting. Please accept my deepest condolensces on the loss of your sister. This is a terrible tragedy that I know you and your family will never fully heal from. Your anger is understandable. Until you have some measure of closure, no matter what anyone says to you, it won't help.

As Fr Chuck states, it doesn't mean the State is doing anything wrong. California's court system is one of those that has a major backlog. We also don't know if the state has turned everything over to the defense and vice versa. Unfortunately, a good defense attorney will find ways to postpone a trial for as long as possible. Part of it is to give the public time to forget the shock of the incident. It is one of the ways of trying to guarantee a fair and impartial trial. It would be a lot worse if it went to trial immediately and due to any number of problems that could crop up, a mistrial was declared. Then, you would have to go through the pain of a trial all over again. This happens all too frequently and the family feels victimized all over again.

Both Martin and your niece have stated enough publicly to leave no doubt that he committed this horrible crime against your sister. I hope for your family's sake, he is put away for a very, very long time. And, you should have some peace of mind in knowing that he is safely behind bars until the trial takes place so that he cannot harm anyone else.

You will be well served if you seek out a grief counselor. Whether we lose someone as you did, or by any other means, we are left with a hole in our hearts, anger, and so many questions unanswered. You need to speak to someone experienced in this area. Contact Family services in your area. You can find phone numbers in the front pages of your regional phone book. You need to find a way to constructively deal with your anger and heartbreak. Although, I haven't lost a close family member to murder, I did lose a close childhood friend to it when I was 20. There was not much info. He was stabbed and pushed in front of a train in a botched mugging. No one was ever caught. No one ever paid for taking a wonderful young man's life. His bright future that lay ahead of him was taken away inexplicably and in the blink of an eye. I had a very difficult time dealing with it and my anger tore me apart, almost costing me a number of other valuable friendships. I went into counseling and although I was never given concrete answers, I was taught how to properly and constructively manage my anger and grief.

I hope this helps you, even if in some small way.
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 02:41 AM
    Here's the latest update.the trial will be early this summer. Print Version: .: Yucaipa News Mirror :. Yucaipa, California
    lvtjabbi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    You are right about him not being convicted yet. However he admitted to killing her sister to the police and is awaiting trial. She has every right to be angry and to voice her opinion and her feelings. My heart goes out to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my sisters father, Nolan Sigmund [ 4 Answers ]

His name is Nolan Sigmund. He was in Virginia in 1959 to 1960. He attended Taylorsville Baptist Church in Doswell. He was said to have returned to Georgia around February 1960. My sister found out she was adopted when our mother, Bonnie Martin Blount, passed away. Any info that is helpful would be...

My sisters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be...

Foreign Film... Sisters? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out the title of this film for months and can't do it, nor does my crummy description jog anyone else's memory. Hoping someone here can help. This was (I believe) a foreign film from the last 8 years or so. In it, there are two sisters, the main character is some...

Inherited house 3 sisters [ 2 Answers ]

3 sisters inherited mother's house - no mortgage. 1 sisters wants to buy and live in the house. Another sister is willing own 1/3 of house but not live in the house. The sister who will live in the house will buy out the third sister. Question is the sister who owns 1/3 of the house - what taxes is...

I'm looking for my older brother and sisters. [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I saw Naomi, Caroline and Mani was at my fathers funeral, 20 years ago. I do think about them a lot especially now I'm older. I don't understand why they never stayed in touch, Naomi promised me she would stay in touch but never did. We had the same father but different Mum's....

View more questions Search