Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help_me_98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 08:12 PM
    1998 honda accord is dead flat! Brand new battery is less than a month old
    Have had this problem for a week now! Car will start fine 1 day then the next day is dead flat not even the lights on... have bought a new battery about a month ago so figured it can't be that.. when its jump started it starts mo problem! Ideas anyone please?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Have you checked for a short? Is there a drain on the battery when the car is off? DO you know how to check that? Have you had your alternator checked lately ?
    help_me_98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Have you checked for a short? Is there a drain on the battery when the car is off? DO you know how to check that? Have you had your alternator checked lately ?
    I don't know how to check those things but I will try almost anything
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 09:58 PM
    First... where did you get the battery?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would a brand new car battery go dead overnight [ 2 Answers ]

My car was running fine one day and the next wouldn't start at all, not enough power to even open the doors but the lights went on when I turned the ignition on. The mechanic said I need a new battery and this worked a treat till the next day when I tried to start it and the same thing again, no...

Electrical problems in 2000 accord (PCM, ELD, dead battery, other sensors all at once [ 4 Answers ]

Long story, sorry. I was driving my 2000 Accord (200,000 mi) in torrential rain. The wipers slowed & went back on. The radio went on and off and then the engine cut out completely. It started later, with a jump. I opened the distributor cap and the fuse box in the engine compartment to chek if they...

Honda civic 2006 , battery went flat , charged battery , put key in and green ignitio [ 1 Answers ]

Honda civic 2006, 2.2 Battery went flat, charged battery, put key in car and green ignition light has come on and won't let me start the car ? Please help

My 2004 honda accord acts like the battery is dead [ 1 Answers ]

It's a new battery and both honda and several other state the starter and altenator check fine. However the car starts fine once, it's a little slower the next time until it finally only cranks twice and dies to a click. Even after this happens the battery people state the battery checks fine and...

1998 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: got a problem my 98' Honda Accord 4 door drivers side door won't from inside or outside can someone help please?

View more questions Search