Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manishv1984 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Taxes when on International payroll
    Folks,

Due to my visa status (OPT - H1B out of status gap), I'll be leaving the country for about 4 months and working from their international office. The employer has told me that I'll be transferred to their international payroll system and get paid in US dollars to my US bank Account. This is because I CANNOT work for my employer since I donot have a valid visa status during those 4 months. More over they told me that since the employer does not want to deal with international taxes and stuff they will pay me the full amount WITHOUT deducting any taxes

Hence, my question is: when it comes to filing taxes for FY2007 where will I file my taxes for those 4 months, is it in the US or in the country where I worked. Please note that I'll be paid in my US dollars to my US bank account.

Help will be appreciated
    avataress Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
    See my answer to "Dual Status Confusion," which I posted today. You should be able to get all the help you need, free of charge, in an expert way from that. I accept thank you payments. e-mail me and tell me how you did with my advice. I'd like to see how other people feel about the IRS's services. I'm sure you'll be pleased. Good luck! :)!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 11:01 AM
    You have not provided enough information for me to give good guidance.

I need to know dates you were F-1 and H-1B to give the needed guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payroll Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

New to working in NJ and am unfamiliar with their tax lingo. What is FICASS, FICAMI, NJ W/T and NJ SUI taxes?

Payroll and payroll taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm completing a project for a high school accounting class. I need to know how to journalize the payment of payroll. I also need to know how to journalize the payment of the payroll taxes.

Payroll [ 2 Answers ]

The annual salaries paid each of the officers of Maxtun, Inc. follow. The officers are paid semimontly on the 15th and last day of the month. Compute the FICA taxes to be withheld from each officers on October 13, and December 29. Oct 13 Tate, jack, president Annual salary $120,000 What's the...

International student taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently working for a firm as part of my optional practical training, and work between 20-30 hours a week. I am being paid on the books, and am required to file my own taxes. Which form do I use? When do I file? Also, the company keeps sending me a W-9 Form which states specifically that...

View more questions Search