Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcarlton100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 05:09 PM
    You have called a taxi to take you to your destination which is 10 miles away. The ta
    You have called a taxi to take you to your destination which is 10 miles away. The taxi fare rate is $1.25 for the first mile and $.15 for each additional 1/10 mile. How much will your taxi fare be?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 5, 2013, 05:12 PM
    This is very easy, so what grade are you in? (We don't give answers, but will help.)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 05:14 PM
    You give the driver a twenty and tell him to keep the change as a tip.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Since this question isn't in the homework section, but in "other money and services", I'll give an answer based on the category.

Wait until the ride is over. The taxi driver will tell you how much your fare is, you then give him the money, plus a tip. Easy as pie. If you want to know the exact fare you'll pay, you work it out using math, since you know the rate per mile and how many miles you have to go.

If this is homework, tell us and we'll have it moved to the homework section, but, be advised that we don't do homework on this site. You can post your work, and your answer, and we can critique it, but we won't do the work for you.

Good luck, and happy traveling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assuming a steady speed of 50 miles per hour,how long will it take to go 350 miles? [ 5 Answers ]

Assuming a steady speed of 50 miles per hour,how long will it take to go 350 miles?

On a trip students drove 120 miles at 40 miles per hour and another 120 miles at 60 [ 10 Answers ]

Miles per hour. What was their average speed for the trip?

Taxi drver [ 2 Answers ]

A passenger in a taxi leaned over to ask the driver a question and tapped him on the shoulder. The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb and stopped inches from a large plate glass window. For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, and then...

Taxi reruns [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I was up late at night the other night and turned the TV on, the only show I could find to watch was this one about taxi drivers, it was a hilarious episode where they had a party in an apartment that they could only keep for one month, and this lady, I think "elaine" was the only female...

View more questions Search