Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkeagles Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Animals (pets) and House spirits
    Hello. I was wondering if animals such as cats can have any types of interaction with spirits in the home? And also would a new born baby entering the home where spirits reside cause them to be more noticeable all of a sudden?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 5, 2013, 01:50 PM
    This is a belief that goes back thousands of years and I too have no problem believing that animals can be more sensitive to a spiritual manifestation.

Spirits seem to stir more when something in their residance changes... whether it's a new baby or remodeling/construction.

What you asked about is very possible. Is this something you are dealing with now?

Feb 5, 2013, 03:14 PM
    Yes it is currently going on. And My fiancés 5yr old daughter ha said that these "monsters" have talked to her and told her they will drag her into a storage room on the third floor and scare her. So to say. [ QUOTE=hauntinghelper;3388654]This is a belief that goes back thousands of years and I too have no problem believing that animals can be more sensitive to a spiritual manifestation.

Spirits seem to stir more when something in their residance changes... whether it's a new baby or remodeling/construction.

What you asked about is very possible. Is this something you are dealing with now?[/QUOTE]

Feb 5, 2013, 03:21 PM
    You mentioned a home that already has spirits in it... do you guys have a good reason to believe there were spirits there before you moved in?

Feb 5, 2013, 05:32 PM
    There's always the possibility there were spirits there when her and her ex husband bought the home ten yrs ago. Nothing really weird happened in the past from what Ihave been told. I have only been with her for 4 yrs now. There is a cemetery across the street and the house had renovations done about a year ago. And a new baby has recently entered and many arguments with family members of hers including evicting her mother and deadbeat brother. I myself have felt temp changes. Hair standing up and she has experienced feeling like something rushing past her on steps and has also experienced nautia and dizziness. I would like to do a evp recording but don't want to stir up any spirits and make issues even creepier. Its not hard to feel the presence of something within that house.
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    You mentioned a home that already has spirits in it....do you guys have a good reason to believe there were spirits there before you moved in?

Feb 5, 2013, 06:06 PM
    I wouldn't say that doing an EVP session would stir things up... but if a spirit really is there it could open things up more in that you have tried to contact them. Deliberate contact with them really gives them more of a foothold in the home and family. I'm not saying ignore things if they happen... but don't go out of your way to contact it. You could have a pastor come and speak with the family and prayer over the home. While it's not a home blessing I suggest, it just sounds as if some peace could be brought into the home.

Feb 5, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Would "smudging" "cleansing" the home do any good?
    I wouldn't say that doing an EVP session would stir things up...but if a spirit really is there it could open things up more in that you have tried to contact them. Deliberate contact with them really gives them more of a foothold in the home and family. I'm not saying ignore things if they happen...but don't go out of your way to contact it. You could have a pastor come and speak with the family and prayer over the home. While it's not a home blessing I suggest, it just sounds as if some peace could be brought into the home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Actually the idea that cats can sense better is normally considered incorrect, while animals are believed to sense some, it is actually dogs who most believe have better ability.

If a new baby was bought into the house, be more concerned over the cat being jealous or territorial and viewing the baby as intruding in the cats home and space.

Feb 5, 2013, 06:56 PM
    That is also something to consider. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Actually the idea that cats can sense better is normally considered incorrect, while animals are believed to sense some, it is actually dogs who most believe have better ability.

If a new baby was bought into the house, be more concerned over the cat being jealous or territorial and viewing the baby as intruding in the cats home and space.

Feb 5, 2013, 07:04 PM
    I don't advise anyone to perform a smudging... one of several reasons is that I don't believe it has any power to drive a spirit away. The same goes with salt. I believe all of that is rooted in superstition and not reality. My earlier advice still stands... if you really feel something may be in the home, I recommend you speak with a pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by hkeagles View Post
    Would "smudging" "cleansing" the home do any good?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 07:07 PM
    I don't advise anyone to perform a smudging...one of several reasons is that I don't believe it has any power to drive a spirit away. The same goes with salt. I believe all of that is rooted in superstition and not reality. My earlier advice still stands....if you really feel something may be in the home, I recommend you speak with a pastor.

Magic will not really get rid of spirits, in my opinion it will only make it worst, it may make them appear gone for a bid.

First one needs to find if there is open invitations for them to be there. Getting rid of one and leaving the door open to come back will never solve an issue.

After that, there are religious means from many church groups that get rid of spirits.

Feb 5, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Ok. We do know an Ordaned Pastor.
    I don't advise anyone to perform a smudging...one of several reasons is that I don't believe it has any power to drive a spirit away. The same goes with salt. I believe all of that is rooted in superstition and not reality. My earlier advice still stands....if you really feel something may be in the home, I recommend you speak with a pastor.

Feb 5, 2013, 07:17 PM
    That is good to know. We're not saying you or your family caused any of this... it may very well have been there before your fiancé was there... but it will stay there until it is forced to leave. Again, at this point I'm just assuming a spirit is there... I'm not saying it is for sure... you're living there, I'm not, so I'll let you decide if you need to speak with someone about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pets & Animals (Dogs) [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help with my 10month old castrated male Pointer or Blue Heeler cross. He is very boisterous, witrh a mind of his own but the main problem I have is that he bullies my 12 year old Boerbull cross - not in an aggressive way but always manages to make the old guy retreat back into a safe...

Pets & animals [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my is so much pain after being bred?

View more questions Search