Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    Thanks, Alty. I'm am far from being a dog expert, so I apologize for the mistake.
    No need to apologize. We know what we know. You know cats, me, not so much. :)
    JennzR Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 10:18 AM
    I am attempting to make the cat feel like he has his place back on top, on his throne. If he's doing this to show his dominance over the dogs then it would make sense that if he felt like he was King again he would stop?
    Yesterday I pet the cat, surprisingly he let me, in front of the dog and would not allow the dog near us. The cat seemed to have this attitude about him like "yeah dog GTFO its MY turn now" and I plan to spoil him with toys, treats, and can food. If I catch him going to pee which I have in the past, usually a clap of the hands and a yell and he he runs off instead of peeing.
    We shall see how this goes...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 7, 2013, 12:17 PM
    While confirming his place at the top might work, the extra attention might just be seen as rewarding the behavior.
    JennzR Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 01:17 PM
    I think I can figure out how to reward good behavior and not the bad, I am a mother of 4 ;)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 7, 2013, 06:15 PM
    Then you have plenty of experience ^_^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New cat causing old trained dog now peeing and pooping in house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cavalier who's almost 2 and a 11 yr old golden. Almost a month ago we ended up with a rescued kitten. The dogs seem to like her. The golden doesn't interact much but the cavalier is frequently checking on her and plays well with her. The first week there were no problems but after that...

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

About a cat that recuses a girl cat from being married to a fat cat [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was watching this movie on the kids channel a long time ago and it was the movie I think disney but yes anyway, its about this very lovely white cat girl that is being forced to marry this fat rich cat, during this the sister or aunt of the lovely white cat lady gets a check from this...

Dog eating cat's food and stressing the cat [ 14 Answers ]

I have a dog that seems to like to be the only child. She doesn't like other animals and eats their food possibly in displeasure This is causing the kitten that is now about a year old to not want to eat out of any of the bowls that the dog takes outside or to the garage to steal the food out...

Peeing cat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding on how to teach a cat that the litter box is the only place to take a leak, not the living room furniture?? My wife and I have 2 yr old cat who in the last 6 months has started peeing on our the couch and chair in our living room. We clean out the...

View more questions Search