Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brody704 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 12:43 PM
    Where is the Thermal Fuse?
    I have a Sears Kenmore Stackable, Model# 41790802991, and I need to check the Thermal Fuse and possibly replace it. Where is it located?
    sniper65 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2013, 02:02 AM
    A thermal fuse is a cutoff which uses a one-time fusible link. Unlike the thermal switch which automatically resets itself when the temperature drops, the thermal fuse is more like an electrical fuse: a single-use device that cannot be reset and must be replaced when it fails or is triggered. A thermal fuse is most useful when the overheating is a result of a rare occurrence, such as failure requiring repair (which would also replace the fuse) or replacement at the end of service life.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2013, 06:54 AM
    It is located on the exhaust vent just after or on the heating plenum. The dryer case has to be opened. On a stack unit that can be a challenge.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Both answers are spot on and the fuse is what it is so most DIYers won't try to replace them. If the fuse was resetable far too many people would just reset them and not tear into the issue causing the fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My problem is for whirlpool gold dryer ,I change the thermal fuse,thermister fuse [ 0 Answers ]

I have whirlpool gold dryer 10 years old all lights are on but when push start it only clicks ,I change thermal fuse ,and thermister fuse CHECK DOOR SWITCH still clicks is it the main board if any suggestion will be appreciate thank you

Thermal Limiter vs. Thermal Fuse [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Thermal Limiter and a Thermal Fuse in a Frigidaire electric Dryer?

Changing thermal fuse [ 4 Answers ]

I recently changed my dryer thermostat, and when I went to change the thermal fuse the two wires coming off it were not connected to anything. Where do these two wires go? I have a Crosley Heavy Duty dryer

Thermal Fuse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool le2500xtw1 dryer, I bought used.it worked fine for about a month, then one day it would run but not heat. First thing I did was get a new element. But the problem was the thermal fuse was blown. The replacement package had a new thermostat as well as the fuse. After a few days of...

View more questions Search