Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    888smoke Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 11:40 PM
    Merchandise refund laws for private sales in nc
    If a private individual sells something disclosing all of what they feel to be true about used merchandise and the buyer signs a bill of sell after inspecting product. Later they discover that a part of that merchandise is after market but still in perfect working order can they demand u give a refund?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 03:51 AM
    Buyer signed the bill of sale and handed over money, then the sale is final. Buyer has no recourse if he doesn't like what he bought.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2013, 04:07 AM
    Most private sales are deemed As-Is. Unless the Bill of Sale includes some warranty, the buyer has no recourse.

Especially if the merchandise is not damaged or non-working.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 04:22 AM
    What is the item, some items may have separate laws

What is the part (
    Sorry you are being so vague that it makes me wonder.

But in most sales there are not even anything in writing,

In the writing, what was listed, in writing, was it noted "as is" or "sale is final"

But in general, all sales are as is, unless warranty listed.
    Did buyer state something was original and it was not ?

The buyer can of course always demand, I go into stores and demand things all the time.
    Getting them is different, you don't even have to talk to them about it

Feb 4, 2013, 01:56 PM
    The item sold was a rifle with aftermarket stock.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 4, 2013, 03:40 PM
    'Aftermarket'?
    This wasn't an antique American rifle, was it?

Feb 4, 2013, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    'Aftermarket'?
    This wasn't an antique American rifle, was it?
    No it was a newer model Ar15
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
    So someone bought an AR with an aftermarket stock but didn't realize it was aftermarket until they got it home? Did they inspect it first?

As far as I'm concerned, unless you're talking about an older AR, then an aftermarket stock is an upgrade in most cases... also, as a side, I have to kind of laugh at someone that would buy an AR and not realize the stock wasn't original... and wonder why that really would matter anyway.

They bought it, they signed a BOS... forget about it. I don't see how they could get their money back in this case.

Feb 4, 2013, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    So someone bought an AR with an aftermarket stock but didn't realize it was aftermarket until they got it home? Did they inspect it first?

As far as I'm concerned, unless you're talking about an older AR, then an aftermarket stock is an upgrade in most cases....also, as a side, I have to kind of laugh at someone that would buy an AR and not realize the stock wasn't original....and wonder why that really would matter anyway.

They bought it, they signed a BOS....forget about it. I don't see how they could get their money back in this case.
    Yes the buyer inspected the rifle before signing and transferring money He could have easily said no to the deal. This seems to be the consensus of most I've asked, Ty all very much for your opinions.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 08:33 PM
    LOL... is he an idiot? He must be an AR noob if he couldn't tell the stock was replaced.

On the other hand, you could always take it back from him and wait a bit. AR prices are only going to go up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you record cash sales and cost of merchandise sold? [ 1 Answers ]

Cash sales for April 8-13 were $25,800. The cost of merchandise sold is $15,480. Is it: Dr Cash $25800 Cr Sales $25800 Dr cost of merchandise sold $15480 Cr Merchandise inventory $15480

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

View more questions Search