Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queen sarah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 11:20 AM
    8 week puppy not drinking/eatting
    8 week beagle pup. 1st day home and hasn't eaten or drank.
    How can we get him doing these
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Feb 3, 2013, 11:41 AM
    Do you mean that you brought it home for the first time? If so, it might take a day or two for the puppy to get comfortable enough to eat and drink. Leave some water and puppy food for it in a very convenient place. It will eat soon enough. A puppy isn't going to starve itself to death. Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Has it been Vet checked for any general problems? Did you see the other puppies in the litter and the parents? Were they healthy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Egt after 1 week of Heavy drinking ? [ 14 Answers ]

Last week I consumed Monday 1-qt vodka Tuesday 1-qt vodka Wed - 7 beers Thurs - 4 beers As an addition Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun before the above Monday I drank 2-1.75L vodka. Anyway, I stopped on Thursday at 2pm.I will need to test on Monday by 6:30pm which would be about 100 hrs, any chance...

I have a 7 year old Lab and for the past week he is not eatting his dog food? [ 5 Answers ]

At first he was eatting his food through out the day but today he has not eaten at all? Should I take him to the vet? Or wait a few day to see if he will start eat again?

New puppy not eating or drinking [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering why my 45 day old puppy is not being active. He sleeps through the day and keeps the family awake at night. Sometimes in the evening, he does not eat his food and in the middle of the night he will whine because he is hungry. I got my puppy on Dec 5th. The only time he is active is...

7 week old chiuahua has fleas & not drinking [ 2 Answers ]

Ihave three dogs that had fleas v bad and we have had trouble getting rid of them and nothing seems to be working... my sister moved in with her dog that had 4 puppies and I am kleeping one of them... all the puppies have fleas now as well.. so we have 8 dogs here with fleas. The vet said that...

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search