Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelnkevin Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Marrind someone in jail
    :( my boyfriend is in jail (not prison) right now but we want to get married right away how can I do this I can't find any info on the web about jail weddings only prisons
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Mar 17, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Why would u want to marry someone who has a record? I understand that love is love and all, but you should really find someone better. :) not trying to be mean or anything. :)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Here's a message board community about this, it may offer some information that can be useful, from a quick reading on Google you would have to talk to whoever is in charge at the jail to work it out with them

Prison Weddings - Prison Talk
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_pea07
    why would u want to marry someone who has a record? i understand that love is love and all, but you should really find someone better. :) not trying to be mean or anything. :)
    I have a similar answer to this, then I saw the disagree so I had to comment myself before answering.

My opinion is why would you want to marry someone that is in jail. Why would you want to put a rush on a marriage that will only fail. You do not say how long is this person in jail for? What he is there for or anything.

So I would not waste my time. You should not waste your time.
    Maybe you should pass this relationship that will never be. It is not a true relationship in my eyes anyway.

Best wishes that you wake up.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:40 PM
    True, but the reasons aren't mentioned, we don't know what the person did it could have been some minor violation that they just delayed taking care of and it balooned into an arrest and jail time.

This site is designed to get information to people that they are having trouble finding on their own. Its not fair to assume the worst in any situation and just give your opinion that the person shouldn't want this information (as if your opinion is the only correct opinion) and then not give the answer. If you don't want to give the person this information, don't post anything.

Mar 17, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I agree with jesushelper76. U can't tell us what we can post. The site is here for help. Whether it be in opinions or actual knowledge. In some questions, yes, opinions may not be appropriate, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to express our opinions just because someone else doesn't like them.:)
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
    And that's all fine but all you posted was an opinion, if you had given a link or some info but advised that she may want to think twice about this then that would be just fine, you'd be helping and giving a word of advice to be careful about this, all I meant to say was that it would have been much more helpful to give a bit of info with your advice to think this through.

Mar 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelnkevin
    :( my boyfriend is in jail (not prison) right now but we want to get married right away how can i do this i can't find any info on the web about jail weddings only prisons
    He went to jail for a year for fighting a man who hurt our son. He is not a bad person he was only looking out for our son... I would marry him in a heart beat... my son almost died...
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Well now we have more information to work with. If this is true. Then why is he in jail. He should be given a pat on the shoulder and congratulated.

When is his year up? Why not wait until he gets out of jail before getting married. This person fought a man that hurt your son. You should be strong together for a long time.

Why not plan something big and special when he gets out. How does your family feel about this man?

What exactly happened to your son and was this man charged?

Best wishes.

Joe

Mar 18, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Its all true the man that hurt my son was a drunk driver. He went to prison for 30 years for a dui,hit and run,cild endangerment,and he was on probation. My son had to have surg on his head and has 14 stiches to prove it. When the guy hit us it shook my son so bad he brain swelled so they had to open his skull to take the pressure off his brain. This happened in dec and my son hasn't talked since he will be 3 in sept. when they caught the guy my boyfriend ran up to him when tey were arresting this man and started hitting him he then got arrested for asult. We are trying to apeal it right now... I love him with all my heart... he just adopted my son in oct... my son is still on heavy pain meds...
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 12:14 AM
    I am so sorry to hear about your son. I would hope your fighting the assault charges but at the same time, your man should have controlled his anger and this man would have been punished for his crime anyway. Maybe even get a tougher sentence if your boyfriend did not interfere. Should have just let the cops do their job, of course. This is a very emotional experience and I do not blame him for wanting to deal with it himself. He would have saved you and your son a lot of heartache if he just stayed away.

I hope that your son has a good prognosis?

Joe

Mar 18, 2007, 08:31 AM
    its all true the man that hurt my son was a drunk driver. he went to prison for 30 years for a dui,hit and run,cild endangerment,and he was on probation. my son had to have surg on his head and has 14 stiches to prove it. when the guy hit us it shook my son so bad he brain swelled so they had to open his skull to take the pressure off his brain. this happened in dec and my son hasn't talked since he will be 3 in sept. when they caught the guy my boyfriend ran up to him when tey were arresting this man and started hitting him he then got arrested for asult. we are trying to apeal it right now...... i love him with all my heart..... he just adopted my son in oct..... my son is still on heavy pain meds....

Just like jesushelper76 said now we have more info to go on. Sorry I said he wasn't good enough for you. I just thought he was like every other loser who goes to jail for stupid stuff. I hope your son is doing well and does even better in the time to come. And I, too, think you should wait until he gets out... then plan something special. It sounds like you two have a wonderful thing going on and marriage will always be there. Or you could get married while he's in jail and then have an actual wedding when he gets out.. its up to u. well sorry I don't have any information on jail weddings for you. :( I hope you find the info you need. Best wishes to u, your son, and your man! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 07:00 AM
    A good example of why people should consider giving information before opinions, I hope everything works out for you and he gets out upon appeal, a good lawyer should be able to get him out on probation and time served if the case against this drunk driver was well documented.
    shyandkiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    :( my boyfriend is in jail (not prison) right now but we want to get married right away how can i do this i can't find any info on the web about jail weddings only prisons

I would like to know how to do the same thing asap can you help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail time [ 1 Answers ]

How much time must somebody serve for a sentence robbery with a dangerous weapon he go 20 yrs 11 suspended and its under Maryland article section subsection 3-403 how many years must he do and on a use of a handgun in commission/ felony 5years under article section subsection 4-204 I need to know...

Jail sentencing [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a court date on Valentine's Day. He's going because of vandalism, avoiding a cop, and for fighting with other guys... a lot... He told me that he could be going to jail for a year or paying a $2,000 fine. That seems kind of extreme. Is he right?

Adoption while in jail [ 1 Answers ]

If you are in jail how do you go about adoption a girlfriend/boyfriends child?

I'm 18 but she's 16, can I go to jail? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, here's the deal. I'm 18 years old and my girlfriend is 16. We're head over hills in love with one another. She's MUCH more mature than most 16 year olds, BUT her parents hate me. They've only met me once and I SWEAR I was just as polite as can be. They have NO right to dislike me. I'm...

Jail [ 2 Answers ]

I Was arested about a year and a half ago. The police came to my house I came out and they ended up taking me to jail. The news paper said That they found me sleeping on the bed next to a hand gun. Iam a ex-con, how ever the police report says that I came out peacefully witch it the truth. Can I do...

View more questions Search