Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    111_hira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Theft under 5000 criminal record
    Hi

I have been arrested for 200$ shoplifting in walmart I have a date on March 6 2013 please can any one help me what can I do I am an international student donot want to get deported or jailed kindly can any one help me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Hire an attorney and try to make a plea deal with them, to get into a first offender program
    (name of programs vary by location)

But to be rude, you should have considered that before you stole. Worry about it after is fairly useless.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Retain an Attorney or expect to be deported.

There are enough shoplifters in the US without giving visas to shoplifters who are not citizens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 because first time offender criminal record? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 and I live in vancouver canada. Today I got caught stealing 320 worth of perfume and makeup (4items) I am in high school and athlete. This is my first offence ever. I go to court on June 24th is it possible they dismiss it? That I won't have a criminal record. HELP PLEASE ! THANK YOU

Theft under 5000, in Ontario, with previous police dealings but no criminal record. [ 2 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting today for a total that amounted under $100. The store security caught me on camera and brought me into the office and called the police. Quite aggressively I might add; he grabbed me by my neck and dragged me in. I am 27 years old, just finishing university. I admitted to...

Theft Under 5000 (Criminal Record Information) [ 0 Answers ]

I recently read this somewhere: Although a discharge is not considered a conviction, a record of an absolute or conditional discharge is kept by CPIC and by the charging police agency. The Criminal Records Act states that, except in exceptional circumstances: No record of an absolute...

How to convict as criminal record theft under $5000 without evidence in ontario? [ 1 Answers ]

I came back to Canada after 12 years, and I apply for fingerprint to attend a school, and I got a criminal record saying that I had offense of theft under $5000 in 1997 and fine of $50. I never had anything like that and never went to court How this happened in court without my knowledge and...

Theft under $5000 in Ontario - diversion, police records check vs. Criminal record! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My situation is unique in that I am a member of a PROFESSION that requires a police records check and Criminal Records Check. I am also up for a government job and don't know if they've already checked my record or not. Either way, I'm looking at losing work and feel FULLY screwed....

View more questions Search