Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2013, 06:02 PM
    Rip...
    RIP three great Americans, the last Andrews sister, Ed Koch, and Barney the dog...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 03:39 AM
    Koch ,a liberal with sanity... a rare breed .He was the best of the pre-Giuliani Mayors of NY . When he started NYC was in serious decline. Before him ,the city relied on Federal Bailouts . He instituted fiscal discipline ,taking on Tammany Hall (or city hall as it's now called )and municipal unions when necessary to do it .
    But he was never able to deal with crime in the city ;and thugs like Al Sharpton made race relations a tinderbox by the time Koch left the job. In 1977, the city had 1,557 murders. By 1989, there were 1,905.
    He will be buried at Trinity Church ;a must destination for anyone visiting NYC. On his tombstone is the last words of slain Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl(who was murdered by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed ): "My father is Jewish, my mother is Jewish, I am Jewish."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 03:44 AM
    Koch ,a liberal with sanity... a rare breed
    Good job politicizing and ruining a tribute thread.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 04:09 AM
    Koch said those words often .
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 04:30 AM
    Hizzoner's compatriot Dems in NY couldn't shine his shoes. He'd ask "how am I doin ? ". I say "Well done, good and faithful servant" .
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Good job politicizing and ruining a tribute thread.
    Good job demonizing someone for no damn good reason... and ruining a tribute thread.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 08:27 AM
    A tribute thread memorializing two human beings and a dog? The tribute was ruined when it was posted.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Nothing wrong with paying tribute to Barney .He served the President well in 8 years in the White House.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...
    The Rainbow Bridge Poem - A Pet Loss Poem
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2013, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    A tribute thread memorializing two human beings and a dog? The tribute was ruined when it was posted.
    Apparently you aren't a dog owner. My dogs have enriched my life, they deserve a little tribute.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2013, 07:57 AM
    There was a moving funeral yesterday for Koch ,worthy of the 3rd best mayor in the city's history (behind LaGuardia ,and Giuliani ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RIP V1 and RIP V2 [ 1 Answers ]

What is RIP V1 and RIP V2? When do we use V1 or V2? How to use it?

I get this message when I try to rip music; Windows media Player cannot rip tracks fr [ 1 Answers ]

I get this message when I try to rip music; Windows media Player cannot rip tracks from the CD correctly because the CD drive settings in the Device Manager do not match the CD drive settings in the Player. How do I fix this problem?

Rip Off [ 1 Answers ]

What can you do if you have been taken for a ride,just bite the bullit?If I got ripped off from a company outside the internet I could report them to The Better Business Bureau and take them to Small Claims Court.Is there something for online bussinesses?

View more questions Search