Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Feb 1, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Nordic Track Ski machine Pro hip pad keeps sliding down, how fix it?
    Just got a new Nordic Track Ski Machine Pro. The hip pad has two knobs to twist tight to supposedly keep the hip pad height where you want it. I think the idea is it sandwiches the upright bar between the sides of the hip pad bracket.

Unfortunately, this does absolutely nothing to stop the pad from moving steadily downward during use. I just did 1/2 mile and it lowered itself 1-1/2 inches, no matter how tight I hand tighten those knobs. Lowering that far interferes with my leg movement, obviously. I begin with the pad at about 3/8" from the top of the upright post. I am 5'10" tall.

Anybody else have this problem? I had a Nordic Track 20 years ago, never had that problem, I seem to think there was a bolt that actually went all the way through, maybe, to secure pad height at various intervals where there were holes? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I can't find any posts about anybody else having this problem or how they fixed it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
    I would contact the manufacturer - I injured myself rather severely some years ago on a professional exercise bike when the handlebars became detached.

I wouldn't take a chance on this equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a leak at the track of an aluminum sliding glass door on a steel houseboat [ 0 Answers ]

Have already pulled the sliding door out and reseal

Sliding down a Track [ 4 Answers ]

Sliding down a Track A small cube (m=0.730 kg) is at a height of 321 cm up a frictionless track which has a loop of radius, R = 41.73 cm at the bottom. The cube starts from rest and slides freely down the ramp and around the loop. Find the speed of the block when it is at the top of the loop. ...

The Ski Pro Corporation, which produces and sells to wholesalers a highly successful [ 1 Answers ]

The Ski Pro Corporation, which produces and sells to wholesalers a highly successful line of water skis, has decided to diversify to stabilize sales throughout the year. The company is considering the production of cross-country skis. After considerable research, a cross-country ski line has...

Sliding glass door track [ 1 Answers ]

My doors just have a bottom track and it is rusted in one section causing it to bump when opening or shutting it. It is a tripple track with three 4 foot doors. Why can't I get a new track made ?

Sliding patio door track [ 3 Answers ]

The track on my aluminum patio sliding doors is curling up on both ends.. . Will a rail topper work for this? Do I remove the old one then put on the topper? Thanks, Troy

View more questions Search