Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balajfazal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 08:07 AM
    A 2.40 kg stationary package explodes into three parts that then slide across a frict
    A 2.40 kg stationary package explodes into three parts that then slide across a frictionless floor. The package had been at the origin of a coordinate system. Part 1 has mass m1 = 0.490 kg and velocity(14.0i+14.0j)m/s . Part 2 has mass m2 = 0.780 kg and a speed of 17.0 m/s, and travels at an angle 79.1° (counterclockwise from the positive direction of the x axis). (a) What is the speed of part 3? (b) In what direction does it travel? State your direction as a positive (counterclockwise) angle from the +x axis.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 11:05 AM
    This is simple application of the conservation of momentum. Since the initial momentum of the object is zero, the vector sum of mass times velocity for all three of the resuting pieces must add to zero.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is there a blue flash before oxyhydrogen balloon explodes? [ 0 Answers ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg2H8MZzDKM&list=FLc_Z6Y8u99uhSGKy25ViQqA&feature=mh_lolz After the man in the video lights the flame & before he presents the flame to the gas filled Balloon a blue flash is detected and then the flame contacts the balloon and the balloon explodes with an...

Goodman split $10K, Crane package $8K, Carrier package @ $12K [ 0 Answers ]

Which system is best if the installation is outside my condominium but under cover, so not subject to direct rain or snow; however here in Cincinnati it gets cold in winter and hot in summer. I have heard rumors that Goodman is very questionable and Carrier is very good.

View more questions Search