Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csanderlin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 08:44 PM
    First home nightmare
    I just got this house 2 weeks ago after my deployment for my family well tonight I plug in my laptop and power goes out in my room and daughters room I went checked the breaker and breaker not triped well I went got a other breaker and installed still nothing no power to plugs or light or anything
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 09:15 PM
    Did it short out the computer ? Possible lose wire on the plug, often lights are wired in series.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 AM
    There is a loose connection in the wiring, usually at a receptacle.

And lights are not wired in series.

Jan 31, 2013, 05:45 AM
    No laptop fine and I replaced plug it was the org from the house and it was broken off a piece off it and I still no power
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2013, 05:55 AM
    Then there is a loose connection elsewhere in the circuit.

Jan 31, 2013, 08:43 AM
    I'm going to go throw every light and outlet throw the house today and check it I'm thinking my hall light is closest to the breaker panel I need to rewire house soon all the wires are the cloth cover wires
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 31, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Turn off the breaker, take note of all outlets and lights that do not work That should tell you all the outlets and lights are on that circuit. Turn breaker back on and take note of what outlets that work that did not work with the breaker off.
    Bad connection is likely to be at the last working outlet or the first non- working outlet on the circuit.

Jan 31, 2013, 11:49 AM
    I already did it and checked every one of them don't work all wiring tight just haven't checked the fan in bed room that last one I haven't checked
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 31, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Are outlets wired using the "Qiuck Connect " holes in the back or are wires connected to the screw terminals?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC nightmare [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Lennnox 11ge furnace system, and problems with the AC line freezing up. I have had countless HVAC techs out over the years and have tried the old tried and true remove the electric air filters and use a standard filter, clean the A-coil, clean the unit outside, paid for loads of freon over...

GM nightmare? [ 56 Answers ]

So what will be for dinner tomorrow? Emergency! Pathogen New to Science Found in Roundup Ready GM Crops?

Why does my nightmare mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I feel somewhat paralyzed and weak. I was at the club drinking in the bathroom and it was hard for me to walk and keep my eyes open. A guy who had a bouncer shirt on was holding me up walking me out of the club like he was kicking me out, and I told him were my car was and he went in the different...

This is a nightmare [ 2 Answers ]

My husband (the bread winner) left me and our 8 yr old son without enough to pay our food elec, mortgage. He quit his job and claims the little money he has has to go for himself. I called mortgage co to order a hardship and sent out my paperwork in the meantime should I consider asking them if I...

View more questions Search