Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tucansam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Building out Commercial Office to Handle computers sys
    We are moving our firm from an older office space which we have had nothing but electrical issues constantly from one section of the office to the other. We have most of one floor of the building yet when they work on other floors of the building seems our UPS and etc have issues. Some circuits are 15a and some 20a but do not understand the current levels in commercial buildings and how you make it work for high current equipment.
    Ques:
    1 - Can a commercial building segment power so one floor is dedicated and will not be disturbed by other floors?
    2 - We have High volume copiers which say they use 2100W and then have all laserprinters which when I put a meter on them when printing use almost 900W and our workstations are beefy cadd stations with many HDDs and dual monitors which together seem to add up to about 308W without a printer add a printer and can be 1208W. How in the world can you build out an office to not have issues? Say all 20a circuits and each office is one circuit and on the floor all 20a circuits but no more than 4-6 outlets per circuit?
    3 - I saw somewhere a 20a circuit yields about 1920W so do not even understand how a 20a circuit supports a copier and anything else on that circuit?

Thanks
    Sam

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use lumax in a commercial building [ 0 Answers ]

Saw lumax in walls and rud across ceilings is this legal in canada or electrical code

Commercial building for rent [ 1 Answers ]

How would I rent an commercial building besides a rent sign or realtor? 5000 square feet

Electrical for commercial building. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a strip mall that has only one metered box. Now I would like to separate each unit so each tenant has their own breaker panel and meter. What's the best way of doing it without an outrageous bill? Can anyone help me?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.