Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sfjurisdr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 07:06 PM
    Medical ? - are there treatment options for sepsis-related high bilirubinemia?
    My mother is 60 with a history of colon cancer, but does extremely well when on chemo and was about to go into remission when she developed an adhesion stomach obstruction (built up adhesion from previous surgery a few years ago).

While in the hospital, she developed sepsis and had her lungs and kidneys affected. The doctors thought she wouldn't pull through those issues at the time, but remarkably she did and now they are fully resolved. Currently, her labs are fine and the only setback is her liver.

The doctor says it is a combination of factors that he doesn't think there are any good options for. He says there is a clot in the liver, plus the sepsis affecting it and because of that,he thinks there are no options. She has a high bilirubin level and has jaundice. He just wants to wait and "see what happens".

Obviously, we don't want to wait and see what happens and just let her die and the doctors can't seem to understand that.

I really need to know if there are indeed any good options for her that would help her and, if so, how to relay that to the stubborn doctor.

Any possible treatment advice would be so appreciated. I need help and don't know where else to turn.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 07:08 PM
    The members of this site do not have the cridentials to advise on such a critical situation. There are no doctors here.

You either trust her doctors or insist on a second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment of cancellation of loan between related entities [ 1 Answers ]

We have a taxpayer with a C corporation (stock owned 50/50 by husband and wife) that loaned $350K to an S corporation (all stock owned by the husband), due to cash flow issues in the S corporation. Both corporation use accrual-basis accounting. The C corporation is an oil company, the S corporation...

Treatment options for tendinitis [ 1 Answers ]

I started a jazzercise class in January and I LOVED it. I worked up gradually and in April I was going for one hour every day but Sunday. The last time I went my ankle killed me and I limped out. I thought I had a sprain although I never twisted it. It has been about 4 weeks and it is worse...

View more questions Search