Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123animalman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 03:21 PM
    I love a friend of mine too much
    I know that I am just 14, and pretty much everyone turned me down when I said it and told me "you are too young to love"
    But I love one of my friends too much and can't bear to see her with another person. When I first talked to her I had a feeling I had never felt before. I wasn't sure what it was but it felt amazing. She was the first girl I could honestly share my feelings with and be myself. Now it just hurts. I cry when I think about her. I just don't want to see a beautiful, talented, and trustworthy girl like her to be wasted, And I want to be there for her no matter what happens. I want to feel that connection I first had with her again. I know there is someone out there like me. Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 PM
    At 14, yes first loves seem so powerful and great, the issue is, almost none last more than a few months, And she is not wasting her life, ( she is 14) her life is all ahead of her, if she wastes it for 6 or 7 years then she is wasting her life.

During high school, most likely you will date and fall in "love" several times. That is what growing up is all about.

It does not help the feeling now, but it is how life is.

Jan 29, 2013, 10:40 PM
    Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.

I have thought things through and I guess as long as I am still her friend I can be happy. Your right. I think that I need to step back and let her make her choices. If I were to interfere with her and her boyfriend then I guess that I would be defeating the purpose of making her happy huh. Thanks again.
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 30, 2013, 11:53 AM
    You made a good choice of leaving her alone. We can't always have who or what we want, and you will eventually meet someone who can't get along without you, too. You will never forget her, believe me. I remember every girl I ever liked, in love with some of them, and it happens. It's life.
    Be honest, be respectful, and you will meet someone who cares for you. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 02:35 PM
    My young friend you have learned an important life lesson about coping with your feelings in a positive way with a very mature attitude. Sometimes we cannot act on our feelings, and should think first.

I am truly impressed.

Jan 31, 2013, 09:05 PM
    Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm sorry I don't have much more to say. Letting that go even though it was hard, it was well worth it. I feel much better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Despite my love for her, she went dating a friend of mine and now she wanted to stay [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lady that I love so much at college and at a particular time she went dating a close friend of mine. After our departure from school she came back and wanted to stay with me. What should I do because I am alrady in date with another lady.

Friend of mine does this while I talk to him? [ 5 Answers ]

I did not notice because I am shy and I don't make much eye contact, but my sister noticed that when I talk to my friend he sometimes looks side to side. Does that mean he's not interested? Is he bored of my conversation? He would'nt move his head just his eyes which is weird. My friend has...

I want to have sex with a female friend of mine who is also friend to my wife [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with a female friend of mine who is also my wife's friend.I want to have sex with my friend.She also likes me to some extent but as a friend only.She tells she cannot have sex with me but at the same time gives signals to have some intimate relationship.she gives mixed reaction.what...

A friend of mine [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old stud lesbian.I'm in a relationship that I'm really not happy with.The female and I live together but I feel that we have no compatibilty with one another.So I've been having dreams about this female that is my friend and I think no I know that I'm very attracted to her.She's a Leo...

View more questions Search