Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opticraindrop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 02:22 PM
    Trying to find the title of a film made not too long ago. British film I believe.
    It is about some kids/teens who live underground, I believe, and are for the most part isolated to their rooms, which consist of a bed and a big TV where they can gain points for watching certain programs. They can also gain points by exercising on their stationary bicycles where they must also watch big TV's. Food and most everything else costs them points. They can also use these points to buy a chance to get on a show where they can showcase their talents and try to win their freedom. These points are like "life points" in a way. The main character is a black man (cannot remember his name) who falls in love with one of the other girls that is down there with him. She gets the chance to go on the show and wins but the judges change her make her into a sexual object which infuriates the main character. He works day and night not eating to gain enough points to get on the show. Once he does he threatens to kill himself on stage and the judges, thinking it's a performance, love it. He ends up winning his freedom and doing a show everyday for the other people who are still down there waiting for their chance.
    opticraindrop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 04:04 PM
    A BETTER DESCRIPTION..

It is an older movie, maybe 2009-2010. It is a British movie (has actors with British accents, so not sure if it is for sure a British film) maybe listed under the Sci-Fi genre because it is set in the future. It circles around a black British teen (definitely not a racist I just can't remember name), but he and others are held in a facility where they are pretty much confined to their rooms, which consist of a bed and a big TV. Their ultimate goal is to gain points, kind of like "life points". They can gain points by watching certain programs while they are in bed and while they exercise. Points are used to buy food, necessities etc. and also can be used to buy a chance to perform on a "Britain's Got Talent" sort of show. They can come out and sing dance act etc and try to win their freedom and a life full of riches. The main character ultimately falls in love with another girl who is in the same facility but they are not allowed to interact. She gets the chance to go to the show and perform, she sings and when she does the judges like it but they try to make her into a sex object which infuriates the main character. He then makes it his mission to get on that show and teach them a lesson. He finally makes enough points and buys his ticket. When he gets on stage he threatens to kill himself, which the judges think is an act, but for him its real. The judges love it and he wins. After receiving his freedom he does a daily show for all the others still waiting for their chance. Does this sound familiar to anybody? I have been looking forever Google and imdb are no help. Please help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the title of a book and film I saw 20 or 25 years ago? [ 2 Answers ]

A good looking guy marries a frumpy fatish rich woman for her money and business and on their honeymoon he takes her out in a boat hits her and throws her over the side of the boat hoping she would be eaten by the chrocadiles, unbeknown to him she survives and makes it to the shore where some man...

Film title, british 70s with girls and boys with sail boats [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a film but have scant information, British 70s with girls and boys with sail boats, I think it's their summer holidays and I THINK its boys from one family and girls from another, not too sure.

I would like to know the title of a film seen some 30 years ago [ 0 Answers ]

I think the film was late 1930's~40's B+W A woman (the widow)? And a man are going back through the story to discover what happened A old family is cursed to die out the last male heir is now dead one of the dangerous things he did was to canoe the rapids on the seventh tributary of the seventh...

Looking for title of a 60's/70's British horror film. [ 3 Answers ]

The plot involves a man who makes a bet with his friends that he can spend the night alone in a haunted house. He doesn't make it through the night and tries to run out the front gate. The next morning, his friends find him waiting for them at the front gate --- but he is actually impaled and...

I am trying to find the name of a film I watched a few years ago. [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a film a few years ago and can't think of the name! Its about a young lad who escapes from prison and ends up living with an old lady, he cleans her gutter for living there, and after staying there for a while they become quite close, she cuts his hair and allows him to bath there. Well...

View more questions Search