Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dzat111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Ask a chemical engineer. Mgo, MgCl related question
    I'm a newbie in this chemical engineering field. Basically from the concrete construction industry. Took a bold step towards producing MgO sheets.
    Need some answers regarding it's properties.
    First off what is the curing time for MGO+Mgcl2 based products. What are additives that can be added to the MgO mix to cut costs but not decrease it's quality. For example I'm using Talcum, fine grained sand, dolomite powder, wood powder. I would be thankful, if a chemical engineer can come to my rescue. The main problem I'm facing is that the sheets I'm producing are breaking when put under weight. They're kind of elastic and not becoming hard like it should be. Am I not letting them set for long enough, because I'm performing these tests a week after they've been produced. I've seen these sheets all over the world and they are quite hard. I can't get mine to be like that. I'm keeping the thickness at about 6 to 7mm and the length about 8 feet. How can I get them to be rock hard?

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a chemical engineer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello---Is it true that adding ascorbic acid in the bath can neutralize chlorine? Are there any other items we can add to bath tap water to neutralize undesirable chemicals? Thank you.

Ask a chemical engineer [ 0 Answers ]

Isocyanates --suitable lubricant? I live in Panama, Central America and we have limited (to no) access to the lubricant normally used with the spray polyurethane insulation equipment. The recommended lubricant is called DOP (Di-Octyl Phthalate) or DEHP. The chemical name is Bis (2-ethylenexy)...

Ask a chemical engineer [ 3 Answers ]

I'm generating oxygen and hydrogen with electrodes for water treatment.This is 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen.This works. I like to know which of the two is more important In this processas as I can controle the qty of each. Thank you

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.