Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Right wing moving FURTHER right
    Hello:

Some of our right wing friends think the way to win elections is to move FURTHER to the right. But, my question to them is, how many right wingers are out there, who AREN'T already voting with you?

Now, I don't know about politics, much.. But, I think doing that will spell the END of the Republican party as we know it...

Hillary in '16 AND 2020. Then it'll be Beau Biden. Go Beau! (I like the sound of that)

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Nobody moved further right... thats an illusion because the lefties have moved furth left than Stalin, Mao or Castro ever had the nerve to go.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 09:46 AM
    I don't see where the right is moving further right, but the left is certainly moving further left.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:39 AM
    I don't know... yesterday we came to a resonable plan for immigration... secure the border in exchange for a path to legal status .
    Now the President is going to fly all day round trip to announce his plan which will cut the knees out from under our resonable compromise. So who is the extremist ?
    The truth is that the Dems will stall any plan that is not 100 % theirs .They'd rather demagogue the illegal immigration issue than fix the problem since they gain politically by attacking the Repubics as racist xenophobes.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Hello tom:

Actually, the senators cut the knees out from under the president.. It was known well ahead of time that he was going to Vegas to announce HIS immigration plan...

My guess is the only real difference will be the SPEED at which the undocumented can attain citizenship... Maybe some BENCHMARKS on securing the border... We CAN'T leave it up to the likes of Joe Arpio and Jan Brewer to TELL us when the border is secure... IF that's the case, phase II will NEVER happen. That's part of the senators plan, by the way. It ain't going to fly.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

Actually, the senators cut the knees out from under the president.. It was known well ahead of time that he was going to Vegas to announce HIS immigration plan...

My guess is the only real difference will be the SPEED at which the undocumented can attain citizenship... Maybe some BENCHMARKS on securing the border... We CAN'T leave it up to the likes of Joe Arpio and Jan Brewer to TELL us when the border is secure... IF that's the case, phase II will NEVER happen. That's part of the senators plan, by the way. It ain't going to fly.

Excon
    And on Friday some Democrats urged him NOT to put forth his own plan so who's cutting whose knees?

Some senior Democratic members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus used a private White House meeting Friday to urge President Obama not to unveil his own immigration legislation, for fear of blowing up delicate bipartisan talks, Democratic sources tell CNN.

This is significant for several reasons.

First, because the White House has been telling senators and advocates that they are writing their own immigration bill, in legislative language. It is incredibly rare for the White House to write its own bill.

Second – Democrats urging the president not to release a bill illustrates how polarizing the immigration issue remains – especially for Republicans who fear that signing onto any legislation that could be seen as authored by the president could invite primary challenges for Republicans.

"It's a tricky thing. We want him to lead, but Republicans are in a difficult position," said a Democratic source familiar with Friday's meeting.

Sources familiar with the bipartisan Senate framework announced Monday tell CNN one of the main reasons they chose to unveil their framework one day before the president's planned Tuesday speech on the subject, was to start the national dialogue on their bipartisan terrain. Politically, CNN is told the senators felt it was crucial for it to be known that there has been a real bipartisan process ongoing that is independent from the president.

In fact, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, did not call the president to inform him of Monday's announcement until Sunday.
    It's not really the president's job to write bills, that job falls to congress.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

So, he's supposed to just sit around?? You really DON'T know how it works there, do you?

But, if the pres doesn't write bills, why do you blame him for Obamacare?

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Touché.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Let him explain how a bipartisan plan by the Senate is DOA within 24 hrs.after it's introduced . What's the matter ? Schmuck Schumer not liberal enough ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

So, he's supposed to just sit around?? You really DON'T know how it works there, do you?
    Apparently you don't know the difference between a proposal and an actual bill. I repeat from the article, "It is incredibly rare for the White House to write its own bill" in "legislative language."

a) it was his proposal, b) he takes credit and c) why do you blame Bush for everything?
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Touché.
    Apparently you don't know how it works either.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
    Steve baby - you got burned, just accept it. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 12:49 PM
    Steve baby - ya got burned, just accept it. :)
    It was a gotcha question with no substance to back it up. The only ones who got burned were you and ex by my knowledge of the facts.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 12:52 PM
    You take this all sooooooo seriously, like it's life or death. Odd.
    This member discussions forum are always lacking in substance and full of sensationalism and party rhetoric, can't take it seriously at all dude.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 01:00 PM
    You take this all sooooooo seriously, like it's life or death. Odd
    Again with the making sh*t up in your endless - and futile - effort to make me look silly.

This member discussions forum are always lacking in substance and full of sensationalism and party rhetoric, can't take it seriously at all dude.
    Again, if none of this interests you then feel free to ignore our discussions, dude.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Nobody moved further right......thats an illusion because the lefties have moved furth left than Stalin, Mao or Castro ever had the nerve to go.
    So in vour mind a gulag has been set up containing labour and re-education camps and the death squads move throughout the country seeking to eliminate all Rebublicans and the intellectuals. You know where this happened? In your mind.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    So in vour mind a gulag has been set up containing labour and re-education camps and the death squads move throughout the country seeking to eliminate all Rebublicans and the intellectuals. You know where this happened? in your mind.
    They turned the country into one... thanks to the Media completely giving up any pretext of honesty or accuracy.

Enough people are clueless enough and oblivious enough to actually believe the crap that passes for news, which is nothing but fiction and propaganda.

PRAVDA actually looks less extreme in retrospect than the lame stream media of today.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post

It's not really the president's job to write bills, that job falls to congress.

Well, maybe once, but now more and more draft legislation is being planned and refined outside of the political process. Both state and federally.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttyd View Post
    Well, maybe once, but now more and more draft legislation is being planned and refined outside of the political process. Both state and federally.
    Perhaps, but the House and the Senate are constitutionally our 'legislative' branches of government. The prez can tell Congress what he wants, but Congress writes the laws.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Perhaps, but the House and the Senate are constitutionally our 'legislative' branches of government. The prez can tell Congress what he wants, but Congress writes the laws.

No doubt true in this case.

My reference was an attempt to introduce a wider picture. At the moment draft legislation in many states is being formulated by organizations who are not part of the democratic process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Which direction will the right wing go? [ 249 Answers ]

Hello wingers: The problem you have is you are either TOO liberal, or you're TOO conservative. Which direction are you going to go? excon

Limitations if you get a fixed-wing cert. then go for a rotary-wing? [ 0 Answers ]

Are there limitations if you first get a fixed-wing certification and then go for a rotary-wing certification? Son wants to go into avaition, spefically helicopters, but none of our state schools have the fixed-wing certifications in conjunction with a degree in avaition. Is there a limitation if...

The Right Wing [ 32 Answers ]

Hello: I'm confused. I HOPE you can help - cause then we can get down to it. But, I have a hard time arguing with clouds... I'll TRY to be specific, because I don't want to be accused of being a cloud myself... Arguing with smoothy is like arguing with a cloud. There's NOTHING to it. ...

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

View more questions Search