Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matayo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 04:00 AM
    How can I edit a password protected shared excel workbook?
    I have an excel file, I can open it but its spreadsheets and the whole workbook is password protected, so I can't be able to copy, edit or print it, On addition to that, it is was shared from an unknown network. So it is a shared workbook as it states it on its title bar. Who can help me to unlock this workbook, I don't know the password.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2013, 04:01 AM
    Contact the author.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2013, 04:20 AM
    What do you mean from an unknown network? But Ben is right. If someone placed a password to protect the sheet, then you have no right to get access to the sheet without the owner's permission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel Workbook - changing dates [ 3 Answers ]

I have a workbook for weekly timesheets... each week of the year has its own separate tab, and each tab has a "Week Of" cell on the worksheet. I didn't actually set this up, nor did I update last year's batch, but I think the person who did renamed each individual tab and Week Of cell. This will...

Disable Workbook In Excel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to add version control to my Excel workbook by disabling the workbook after a specific date. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Convert Excel workbook to Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Excel workbook that I would like to convert to Word. The Excel workbook has multiple tabs and I would like the workbook to be converted to a word doc. The key is that the word doc be able to be edited. When I copy the area of the tabs in Excel and paste into Word as HTML Format, it pastes...

Opening Excel Workbook [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to open an Excel workbook in Excel 2003 created last week, only the Excel Window is getting open not the Sheet view. So, what to do ? When I open Excel workbook in office 2003 only the excel window is opening not the sheet . Why ?

View more questions Search